Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Seatbelts?

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Is there a correct way to attach the seat-belts to the air-frame. Wondering bout the metal part of the seat-belts do you just crank it down tight on the air-frame or do you leave it loose so it can move a bit? Maybe use a smaller bolt a bushing and a big washer? That way the bolt is tight and the belts remain loose? thanks

Posted

All of them I've done have used a bushing.  I would think it's better if the belt can swivel somewhat.  JImChuk

2 people like this

Posted

Bushing

1 person likes this

Posted

perfect thanks Guys

Posted (edited)

TJay,  I guess you have the instructions to glue a 2" diameter piece of leather or similar material to the head of the bolt that holds the outside lower part of the seatbelt to keep the bolt from rubbing on the fabric.  Mine were just held loosely by a (5/16?) bolt & washers that was too long to tighten down snuggly with a castle nut.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

TJay,  I guess you have the instructions to glue a 2" diameter piece of leather or similar material to the head of the bolt that holds the outside lower part of the seatbelt to keep the bolt from rubbing on the fabric.  Mine were just held loosely by a (5/16?) bolt & washers that was too long to tighten down snuggly with a castle nut.   EDMO

I don't have any directions?

Posted

I don't have any directions?

Stand by and have your beer - I will see what I can post.  EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

TJay,  Looks like I struck out on finding anything to post.  Kitfox 1 manual says it is on page CF-23 (Cover & Finish), and the last page I have is CF-20.  I know I have read that, and my KF2 had those pads on the heads of the lower bolts which are right against the outside fabric.  From what I did see, the KF1 brackets may take a 1/4" bolt.  Maybe my KF2 bolts were that size too? 

No beer for me!  ;<)  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

Its ok I got the idea