Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

check out this little plane

11 posts in this topic

Posted

How nice would it be to grab a part and bolt it in the plane and not have to build it first. Along with a 49 inch wide cabin. What a nice little airplane. Anybody know anything about them?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Kind of neat.  Kit is 25,500 without engine, prop, instruments.   Made in South Africa. 

JImChuk      http://www.bushcatusa.com/  

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted (edited)

Isn't the SkyRanger the other one that gets put together with a hundred bolts?  I would always worry that I forgot to tighten one!  I wonder how they hold together in case of a crash - cant be as strong as welded 4130?   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

reminds me of a Rans S6es.  Nice that you could be flying one in a couple months but I don't think I could spend the money.

Posted

Does lean toward the ultralight type build...If it is like a Rans, it is a quality product...But still, not near as strong as a chrome moly cage.

Don't give them away either...John O

Posted

.But still, not near as strong as a chrome moly cage.

That could be a good discussion. 

Why is it that all of these aluminum bold or rivet together air-frames that I see all have a gross weight of 1320 but the old 4130 frames like all our early kitfoxes and avids stop at 1200 Is it usually the landing gear that is the issue

Posted

You're right... That could be a good discussion. I think I have wandered into the realm of opinion over fact...

Although I will say, that I carry little trust in the numbers manufacturers put out. When I flew gliders....every year

they came out with a new glider...the numbers had to be better than the year before (or why would you buy it)

After awhile they had to stop, because the gliders couldn't keep up with the numbers they were generating...

With that said...I think they have a 1320# limit...because that is what is allowed...

Posted (edited)

Why is it that all of these aluminum bold or rivet together air-frames that I see all have a gross weight of 1320 but the old 4130 frames like all our early kitfoxes and avids stop at 1200 Is it usually the landing gear that is the issue

TJay,  I will be interested to know what you fly your "KF1HH" at during Phase 1 - (Have you thought about using that model number?) - I think it should handle some heavier loads than the standard.  Guess you will put it up to some safe and practical weight? 

Have you got an empty weight on it?  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

TJay,  I will be interested to know what you fly your "KF1HH" at during Phase 1 - (Have you thought about using that model number?) - I think it should handle some heavier loads than the standard.  Guess you will put it up to some safe and practical weight? 

Have you got an empty weight on it?  EDMO

With the way I have it built if should easily handle 1200 lbs now I see no reason to fly like that but 1050 should cover all the weight I need.

Posted

No thanks.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think that is pretty bad ass.  Bend a tube and you unbolt it and slip a new one in.  No chemicals to deal with in the covering etc.  When you end up with enough duct tape on it from field repairs you just unlace the covering and zip on a new scheme.  Not too much in the video showing TO and landing performance though.

Outside the box thinking and creativity in bringing new products to market gets a forward nod from me!

:BC:

2 people like this