T3 suspension

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I got my T3 suspension mounted and adjusted today and took it for a spin...I love it!  It makes the tailwheel transition smooooth in a wheel landing...no shimmy at all either.

I put the “Fat Mat” Matco Tailwheel back on it and taxiing on pavement with it sucks, but I made some adjustments to it and it handles much better...so I’m going to give it another chance.

Here is a drop test video...

Ron

https://youtu.be/L2o-xrKIahM

Posted

What is cost of T3?  EDMO

Posted

What is cost of T3?  EDMO

Around $750

Posted

Ed, I paid $650 and got free shipping.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ron,

we were in contact a while ago, when I was still in VA Beach. I was redoing my avionics which took (o course) way longer than expected. I am back in Germany now and could not check the box on my bucket list that said "flight across the nation". But My bird turned out great. Container with household good ist still to come, so I have to have some leisure before I can take and post pictures.

Hey - reason I'm writing: How did you attach the T3 to your fuselage? Before I realized how much time it takes to finish my avionics I was seriously thinking of adding one. But I lacked ideas, how to reasonably mount it to the tail. I think from the weight point of view, it didn't make a difference over a leaf spring?

Thomas

Posted

Hello Thomas!

I’m glad the plane is doing well!

I did it the most difficult way possible...I won’t even bore you with it...my buddy used the LSA T3 and it mounted right up with no mods if I remember correctly...you can call and they will tell you if it will fit or not.  I’m pretty sure it mounts to what you have though...at the most you would add a spacer or two, but that would be it.

My buddy’s name is Barry Cole, so yo might look at his posts in the Magnum section to see if he posted his T3 install.

Good Luck,

Ron

Posted

Hi Ron,

I was emailing back and forth with them and they recommended an additional bracket. I was wondering, if there's someone out there, who mounted it without welding or impacting the fabric too much. Will look for Barry Cole (I think I read his name already). Anyway - I still have to assemble the plane after shipping. A T3 must wait a little.

Thanks for the hint, though!

Thomas