Kitfox 1 exhaust needed

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Looking for the last section of the 3peice exhaust for a KF1 w/582, i have the exhaust Y and the Elbow.  Thanks bucky

Posted

Still lookin with some $ in hand. Would buy whole exhaust also.  Thanks Bucky 

Posted

First pic is exhaust on my BlackFox like im lookin for, Second pic is where its going on my BlueFox.  Thanks bucky 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Posted

I have one, but it is new and has a straight tail pipe on it.  It came with the 582 Blue Head that I bought for my Avid.  The exhaust that was on my 532 was fine and already fit the EGT probes that I had.  As far as price, I will sell it for 75% of new from any reputable dealer.  If you are interested, I can take some pictures.

Posted

Yea pic would b great and im not sure but think Avid different from KitFox since the enigne is mounted upsidedown in the Avid. But ill have to check, mayb someone here knows better than i do.  Thanks

Posted

Got your email right after I got back from the airport, bad timing.  The engine that I bought was not really set up for my Avid.  It had a side loading starter, where mine is to the rear.  Here is basically the system that I have: http://www.cps-parts.com/catalog/rtxpages/2strokexhaust2.php?clickkey=407759

If you are still interested, let me know and I will take pictures the next time I am out, otherwise, I am perfectly happy to keep the parts for spares.

Posted

Well ill b. That is the same one ive been lookin at in the CPS catalog, well the one with the removable 90* elbow. But either may work. Send me a pic next time u get a chance and ill check it out farther. 

Posted

I was just looking at your first picture, and see how your muffler has been cut, turned and welded back together.  I found a picture of my Kitfox 1 showing the muffler, and it's made the same way.  I believe Kitfox modified the rotax mufflers to fit in the cowl.  I have a Kitfox 3 muffler somewhere, I'll have to take a look at it.  I don't think the one shown in the link will work in the Kitfox.  Avids are different because for one thing, the engine is inverted instead of spark plugs up.  JImChuk

Posted

Yes they were cut and modded. There has to be some laying around out there from guys who did 912 swaps. It wouldn't work with anything else. This cut and bend was also the source of some controversial horsepower and performance conversations between Avid and Kitfox.

1 person likes this

Posted

Course i have to remember that the bluefox has different cowl than blackfox but i belive still same would work and mayb a different one also cause of cowl. 

image.jpg

Posted

Here is what I have:

Muffler.jpg

Posted

Buckchop,  I found the Kitfox 3 muffler I have, and it looks like the one in your picture.  I didn't compare it to my Kitfox 1, would have had to pull the cowl, but I think it's the same.  Here are some pics.  JImChuk

Photo0253.jpg

Photo0254.jpg

Photo0255.jpg

Photo0256.jpg

Photo0257.jpg