Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Electric Trim

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Interested in any information on electric trim for the Mark IV. 

Curious what electric trims any of you may have used and what length of travel works best with the Mark IV style trim tab?

I would looking at ordering a Ray Allen but was not really sure what travel would work best.

Randy

Posted

Both my Avid’s have Ray Allen Systems. One came with the kit and the other my Dad had from a different project. I’m not sure of the specs. Have you tried calling them? I’m sure they could tell you what model they sell to Kitfox and Avid. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I have not called them yet but was planning on this week.  Just didn't know if anyone had any problems or recommendations based on personal use.

I will try to call tomorrow and see what they recommend.

Posted

mine is allen 4A with short travel (about 12mm) btw all is matter of geometry and depends of the actuator bell crank length on the tab. It simply works with 12v connexion. the major difficulty is to build a cage in the control surface and a bubble .

Posted

I don't know what phase of building or flying your in but FYI I added a manual trim that  just spring loads the controls since my plane was at flying stage. Have been happy with it.