Got my airplane home today

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Now there is enough snow to keep my Bandit at home. More snow coming tomorrow. Got to wash the dust off and installed my tailwheel ski. All I have to do is taxi down the road and fly out of my neighbors field across the road.

20180223_131623.jpg

20180223_134048.jpg

20180223_141734.jpg

12 people like this

Posted

3 people like this

Posted

Looks good, sounds good, nice play area, love the skis. Time for some fun! 

:rolleyes:

Posted

Do some ski flying for me Mark, I have been too busy with wings to put mine on..and we are getting snow now too...

1 person likes this

Posted

I would love to get my hands on a set of plans to make skis. I think wheel skis would work better for my plane and location as we can have little snow at my place and have over a foot jut 10 miles North of us. Our winter weather seem to always slide to the North. There are a lot of very nice airfields in Northern Idaho that I could access during the winter if I had skis. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Skis are on my "to do" list.  I am going to do away with the pointed tip the Avid ski's had and make use of the new tubing bender to make them rounded like a more conventional ski.  It will be up to the user to cut the bottoms out to make them straight skis or wheel skis. 

There are some plans posted on here for the avid skis, just be aware that the measurements are for the original bicycle wheels so you have to widen the mount points to fit your tires / wheels.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

What's this one-size-fits-all shit? A good fabricator would welcome custom orders.

:beerchug:

1 person likes this

Posted

hahahaha.  Typically the bottoms are installed by the purchaser.  I would be happy to send out complete units as customized as you would like.  Hell I will hang fuzzy dice off the tails it that's what flips your minnow :lol:

:BC:

2 people like this