Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

engine out logic ??

2 posts in this topic

Posted

couldn't pass this one up.. and as I am probably gonna bash I figured I would put it in here.

As far as the engine out logic' date=' this is mine, if the engine isn't up to par don't take off.  Must be why I have a Rotax 912.  Have a nice day and above all, make the flying fun.

Are friggin kidding me??? must be why I have a 912.. oh great one, you are now immune to any type of engine trouble.. may your filter never clog, carb boot never crack, ignition never fail, fuel never be contaminated or a freeking host of other issues that have killed many many people...I think someone is in bad need of a piss test.

OK done ranting for now... I just cant beleive someone would put this in writing..

Posted

Leni,

The sweet running Lyc o-145-B2 engine in my old Piper Vagabond decided to break a valve one day ....went through the piston head, bounced around in the case a bit and punched it's way out the top of the case cover.  As luck would have it, I was over a 100 acre hayfield at 1500' so except for the initial smoke from oil leaking on the exhaust, the landing was uneventful.

I still have a container full of bent and broke parts just as a reminder of what will/could happen at any time.

Engines are mechanical...and mechanical things tend to, and will, fail.

Oh... and I then got a fresh OH'd engine for $2000.00 

Am I showing my age?

Now quit pissing those people off over there..... They're having a hard enough time trying to write the book on landing speeds.

You 2-stroke guys are all alike.  ;D

steve   :beerchug: