Max Propeller Diameter

5 posts in this topic

Posted

What do you guy feel is a safe max propeller length for the 582/c box/ Mark IV set up? I'm running the 2.58 : 1. I'm looking a three blade? I have a three blade Kool Prop in my Avid stuff. It was off of a 912. I have been looking as a Power Fin. 

Posted

Just to clairify, the 2.58 ratio is used on the B gearbox.  The 2.62 ratio is used on the C box.  IVO told me to use a 68" three blade on the 2.58.  Was the 912 Kool prop in a pusher configuration?  Otherwise it's backwards to the 582 if both are used in tractor configuration.  I believe Joey ran a 70" 2 blade Warp with the 2.62 ratio and had good performance with it.  I have a 2 blade taper tip 70" on my Kitfox 1 with the 2.58 ratio, and it performs real good.  Not as smooth as the 3 blade IVO was though, but outperforms it.  With my first Avid, I had a powerfin 3 blade, and after trying it, I went back to the IVO.  JImChuk

Posted

Sorry for the typo. Yes it is a B box. No the Kool prop was on an Avid. Guess thats out of the question.  

I am currently running a GSC prop. I love it. It’s smooth and pulls real well. I was just looking for something a little tougher for the kind of airstrips I plan to land and take off on. 

Ive heard the Ivo was a smooth prop and people love the ease of adjustability but it was not the performer that other props on the market are.  You seem to like yours. Is there one model thats superior to another? 

Thanks JimChuk

Posted (edited)

With the B box your much more limited to the club you can swing on it.  Some of the heavier props wont work when you run the MI calcs.  I love my IVO but my cursor keeps hovering over buy now button on the kool prop.  I think a 68" is about as much as you want to run on the B box even with the lighter props.

:BC:

Edited by akflyer

Posted

Lol I got the same problem.  Sure would look nice on the Jabiru. Damn Internet everything is only one click away.

1 person likes this