Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

We lost Jerry Olenik

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Sorry to report that Jerry Olenik from Green Sky Adventures is no longer with us. He is the guy behind the Hacman mixture controller as well as many other contributions to the sport to include HKS.

http://obituaries.starbeacon.com/obituary/gerald-olenik-1954-2018-1046375256

Edited by C5Engineer

Posted

Bummer!  And 2 years younger than me.  I talked to him a year ago about an HKS mount and several other times as well.  Seemed like a nice guy.  JImChuk

Posted

I just talked to him a few days ago and he said he just got out of the hospital and thought he was not going to get out this time.. I didnt ask or pry because a lot of people has had the flu..still it was unsettling. We talked about the Aerolux props and stuff. He was a definite go to guy who had a wealth of info in his head.....Damnit....

He turned me onto Jim Carruthers who welded me up a engine mount so I can install my HKS 700 into my Kitfox Classic IV..I just got the mount today and man what a work of art..!!! JIm sure can weld........incredible... not to many can do that any more....Still a sad day learning about Jerry...

Mark Smith, out in windy Davenport Washington....

Posted

Very sad news indeed. He was a good guy. :(

Posted

Never met Jerry personally, but it sure seems his reputation was well known. I read over and over of his willingness to give unselfishly to fellow builders/aviators. Sad to see his passing.