Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rotax Service and Maintenance Classes

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Every year in the month of June Blue Ridge Community College hosts training for Rotax Service/Maintenance. Please see below for information.

Blue Ridge Community College (Weyers Cave, VA) will be offering courses in Rotax Service and Maintenance for 9-Series this summer. The Service Class will be held 4-5 June 2019 and the Maintenance Class will be held 6-7 June 2019. The classes are taught by Dean Vogel from Lockwood Aviation. http://training.lockwood.aero/

Please call 540-453-2372 or 540-453-2215 to register for Rotax Service/Maintenance classes or use the links to sign up online:
- Rotax Service Training (
https://brcc.augusoft.net/index.cfm?method=ClassInfo.ClassInformation&int_class_id=10558)
- Rotax Maintenance Training (
https://brcc.augusoft.net/index.cfm?method=ClassInfo.ClassInformation&int_class_id=10559)

Note: the Service Training class is a prerequisite to take the Maintenance Training class.
We have a maximum of 16 seats in the Service class and 12 seats in the Maintenance class. NOTE: We need a minimum of 6 people signed up for each class no later than 03 May 2019 in order to hold the classes.

Classes are taught at the Weyers Cave campus and labs are held at our hangar located at the Shenandoah Regional Airport (SHD). 

For further information or questions please feel free to contact me.

Keith Dennis
Instructional Assistant – AMT Program
Blue Ridge Community College
43 Aviation Circle, Suite 101
Hangar 4 East
Weyers Cave, VA 24486
Office (540) 453-2508
DennisK@brcc.edu

Edited by BRCC
Updated for 2019
1 person likes this

Posted

Hey folks,

We are needing four more people in the Service class and five more for the Maintenance class. Deadline is 4 May 2018 or we'll have to cancel. 

Nobody wants that!

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the heads-up Keith. I can't afford to get away for the 912 class.  However, the 2-smoke class would definietly be worth my while and I would commit should you be hosting one in the future.  I'm acquainted with a few A&P's in the valley; I'll notify them you're looking to fill this class straightaway.

Thanks,

Paul

Edited by allonsye

Posted

Thanks for the heads-up Keith. I can't afford to get away for the 912 class.  However, the 2-smoke class would definietly be worth my while and I would commit should you be hosting one in the future.  I'm acquainted with a few A&P's in the valley; I'll notify them you're looking to fill this class straightaway.

Thanks,

Paul

Thanks, Paul. I'll look into that as I could use the class as well now that we have a running 2-stroke...er, at least it ran 15- 20 years ago.

I spoke with Dean yesterday and he's having to bump up our "no later than date" to the 2nd of May vice the 4th. If the enrollment doesn't take off this weekend...:unsure:

Posted

Thanks,

Paul

Thanks, Paul. I'll look into that as I could use the class as well now that we have a running 2-stroke...er, at least it ran 15- 20 years ago.

I spoke with Dean yesterday and he's having to bump up our "no later than date" to the 2nd of May vice the 4th. If the enrollment doesn't take off this weekend...:unsure:

In regards to a 2-stroke class, Dean informed that the usual number of annual requests for that class are about...six. So if you can get a committed group of enthusiasts and make it economically feasible to hold the class here in Virginia, that's the only way it's going to happen.

I also forgot to mention that you can call 540-453-2215 and get signed up for the class vice going through the college system and applying. I highly recommend the former.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks Keith.  I'll what kind of interest I can generate.

paul

1 person likes this

Posted

For anyone who signed up for the course(s) online, PLEASE call 540-453-2215 to confirm enrollment.

Posted

I'm happy to report that we have met the minimum number of enrolled students and the Service and Maintenance classes are a GO!. :clap-3332:

There are still seats available, so if you find yourself with the extra time and money to attend we'd be thrilled to see you!

Posted

Bumping the post for 2019. We currently have 5/Service and 4/Maintenance signed up. We need a minimum of six for each class, so if you're seriously considering taking the class it's best to sign up now.