Steven Freyone

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi Fellow Avid flyers. I have had my ULM pilot license since 2011 of which i trained in a Tecnam P96 . In 2015 i bought my second hand Flymaster TSA 10 of which was build and designed in Spain. It is an exact copy of the Avid flyer. 

IMG_0472.JPG

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hi Steven, welcome to the group!

Interesting, I have never heard about Flymaster TSA 10 before. Do you have more information? When was it built, do Flymaster still exist... Find photos but nothing else on ghe web. 

Wher are you based?

regards

Fred

Edited by FredStork

Posted

:welcome:

Hello Steven, good looking plane! I see the cowl bump, which engine do you have? I too have never heard the name Flymaster used, how interesting to find yet another offspring resulting from Dean Wilson's brilliant design. I was under the impression that several -real- Avid Flyer C model aircraft were imported to dealers in Europe, some of which found their way to Spain. Do you know of any others currently flying?

Posted

I dont have much information will try to find out more 

it was built i believe in 1996 and was owned by a guy in Valencia

i test flew it in two weekends and decided to bye for really it flew well. It has a rotax 582 blue cylinder head cover.

the problems i have had is that not having much flight hours myself i brought it to medina sidonia i cadiz spain by road. 

It had a stop over in sonseca near madrid where it stayed four weeks. I had the pitot tube broke and the guy who sold me came over to fix and test flew again. Well a friend tried to fly it over fir me and came to conclusion that the cg was not right. 

Then my instructor said the same. So i am trying to find out if anyone has weight and balance info on the avid so that mechanics can calculate if cg is right

thanks to all

Posted

The cowl bump is because engine is mounted upright and not inverted l

Posted

The CG envelope for the Avid Flyer is 11.185"  to 16.5" measured from the leading edge of the wing.  Avids do tend to   be a bit nose heavy.  If your plane is an exact copy of the Avid, that should be your numbers to shoot for.  JImChuk

Posted

I dont have much information will try to find out more 

it was built i believe in 1996 and was owned by a guy in Valencia

i test flew it in two weekends and decided to bye for really it flew well. It has a rotax 582 blue cylinder head cover.

the problems i have had is that not having much flight hours myself i brought it to medina sidonia i cadiz spain by road. 

It had a stop over in sonseca near madrid where it stayed four weeks. I had the pitot tube broke and the guy who sold me came over to fix and test flew again. Well a friend tried to fly it over fir me and came to conclusion that the cg was not right. 

Then my instructor said the same. So i am trying to find out if anyone has weight and balance info on the avid so that mechanics can calculate if cg is right

thanks to all

I will be in Sevilla May 1st-15th but unfortunately I'll not have a car, otherwise it would have been nice to come and see your plane. You have it in a very beautiful area. Maybe next time I come to Sevilla...
Fred

Posted

Hi the plane is at the moment with the mechanic to check out everything and put it right . I would have gone for you but i am arranging a holiday to germany around that date . I will be back probably on ghe 6th may

this is my mobile 00350 56001605 give me a call if you like we might be able to arrange something

Posted

Thanks for the numbers cg 

the constructor is or was Carlos Perez Garcia