Complete Rotax 912 wanted

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

A good friend of mine here in fairbanks is lookin for a good, complete, Rotax 912 to install into his Challenger, Thanks Bucky. 

Update:  Sorry its not a Challenger II, (which he also has)  He is lookin for a 912 for a Zenith 701. 

Edited by Buckchop

Posted

Bucky, what's this worth to him?

2006 912ULS 100hp | ~320TT | All Logs since new w/ recent Logbook entry for crank run out test | Gearbox 0.0TT since complete rebuild (Lockwood) w/ Logbook entry | Full Exhaust/Airbox | Oil Tank | All Electronics FWF

No Radiator or Oil Cooler

+ Crating & Shipping

Posted

I’ll trade ya a case of Coors Light and a couple bags of ice Doug.....

1 person likes this

Posted

HA! I'm still smarting from the carbs, lol.

Oh BTW, did I mention? The OSH reservation system this year is charging a case of Coors (not Light, not a typo) + ice. Same for canopy rental. That's TWO each cases and cubes, preferably Tammy's x-tra large Festival bags (no pun intended, ack!).

Posted

Ewwwww!  You keep Tammy's festival bags to yourself!

Posted

A good friend of mine here in fairbanks is lookin for a good, complete, Rotax 912 to install into his Challenger, Thanks Bucky. 

Back to the original post:

Is this a "Quad Cities Challenger"?  Can that airframe handle a 912?  They have inflight structural failures with a 503...

Posted

Hey im sorry he is lookin for the motor for a Zenith 701. Not a Challenger II (which he also has) 

Posted

Then he definitely would need 100hp. See post #2.

Posted

Well i passed the info on to him and he is interested but he said b4 he can make an offer he will have to sell one of his trikes first. Soooo guess i jumped to fast to help my buddy, thought when he told me to keep my eyes open for one he was ready with funds, But as soon as he does ill try again.  I dont even know what they r going for but id guess $10g 

Thanks Bucky 

Posted

No prob. Hit me when he's ready, you never know what I might have in my back pocket.

Posted

Bucky, what's this worth to him?

2006 912ULS 100hp | ~320TT | All Logs since new w/ recent Logbook entry for crank run out test | Gearbox 0.0TT since complete rebuild (Lockwood) w/ Logbook entry | Full Exhaust/Airbox | Oil Tank | All Electronics FWF

No Radiator or Oil Cooler

+ Crating & Shipping

Why was the crank run out test done?  Prop strike?

Posted

The engine is from an S-LSA that suffered a minor prop strike after the nose gear collapsed during a soft field landing. I say minor because the engine was at idle and the composite prop did not disintegrate. All blades remained intact out to the tips, although two of three blades were delaminated/cracked beyond repair. If the incident had occurred on an E-AB aircraft, I suspect some owners would have just put a new prop on it and go...