Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hello from Ontario Canada

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi my name is Tony.   I presently fly a Zenair CH 601 HDS taildragger, and recently bought a Chinook plus two to fill a void that I have wanted to complete on my bucket list.   The goal for me in the future is to get down to one airplane so I have joined up to learn more about Avids and Kitfox.   I know where there is a model 2 kitfox but have always thought that a model 4 would be a better fit for me as my one all around airplane.   Thanks for adding me.

1 person likes this

Posted

Welcome Tony,

we're a tiny bunch from Canada and it's nice to see someone else joining from maple syrup country.

I am sure you'll find lots to read on this forum...it helped me tremendously to learn about the Avid and lots of nice people here :)...it's the place to be

Cheers

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey Tony!

Western or eastern Ontario?

N central MN for me.

And yeah I agree on the model 4 and above.  I had a 2 but it was really a 2 stroke only plane.  Ill get chewed out by a lot guys here for being anti 2 stroke (lol!) but after the motor seized on my KF2, after I watched another sieze after liftoff on a powered parachute, and after 6 others gave out on me and riding mates while out on the snow.....   I'm personally done with them! 

They work well for people who they work well for, but for me they leave me puckering the whole time!  Guess I never developed that "art" of flying behind a 2 smoke!

So by my way of thinking, the KF 4 is a great option since it has more viable 4 stroke options, and I chose a model 5 to have a few hundred pounds more useful load.

Welcome here!   And good luck with your search!

Brett

(OK 2 stroke guys....  come tear me up now...)   :unsure:

1 person likes this

Posted

Southwestern.   Planes based near London.   

1 person likes this

Posted

Welcome aboard Tony.  We love pics so post them up of what every your flying.  Hope the forum can help you out on your quest for a KF!

:BC: