WTB Floats

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone have or know of any floats for a Kitfox IV 1200 for sale?  PM Me any info.

Thanks

Posted

Straight or amphib? What's your budget?

Posted

I have a freind sellin a set of EDO 1070, they have some damage on one from transporting them but not to bad.  He wants $2500 they here in fairbanks alaska. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Posted

Wow...1938, these are going to be picking up in value soon being that vintage. Beautiful.

Posted

Yea they b nice to have but mayb better off with savin your money, and add some more and buyin some full lotas floats?  Yep they same age as my dad this year, the big 80 

:biker2:

Posted (edited)

Well guys i ended up buyin this set of floats for the KF. Made a hell of a "GOOD TRADE" like they say on dancing with wolves. Even tho they need a few small repairs like u c in pic.  Hahahaaaaaa think they rigged for a j2 or Tcraft A now, the guy i got them from is an AP for Everts here and said he would help me install them when the tie comes, course ill get the rigging done asap, wont b flying on them that soon, but least they b ready for a model 1-4 mounting.  May even let my buddy borrow them for a bit that way i can learn to fly floats.  He proably try and buy them from me. Hahahahahaaaaa

1C164E5F-0720-4A9C-B94D-8D16C15477F5.jpeg

15EBC3B9-5D2E-4700-9A48-EFDF45D86212.jpeg

Edited by Buckchop

Posted

Congratulations Bucky, welcome to the float world . Here's Magic number she'll need, 3 to 5 ahead of step, for your CG location and if it's a kit fox 123 or  any avid, one and three-quarter " higher front strut fitting, or + 3° For angle of attack . Feel free to call me if you need any help, you can make the  width spacing's anything you want,l  normally use 8 foot six to be legal on the highway towing, in the most important thing is the length of your propeller will gauge the distance  for the prop to clear the floats plus ,+ 6",  highly advise using warp drive with the nickel leading edge! 

image.jpg

IMG_0757.JPG

3 people like this

Posted

Very much appreciated on that John, will take u up on that when time comes, -30 here this am, and Dr appts to goto this week so b waiting to get them home till warmer, suppose to warmup next week but they say that alot. Hahahahaaaa i have IVO props with nickle leading edges hope they b ok? I have a 3blade 68", 3blade 68" aggressive pitch, and a 2 blade (going to buy a 3rd) not sure now if 70" or 72". 

:BC:

Posted

If I remember right, ivo  uses a stainless steel tape, I'm pretty sure that's not gonna hold up to any abuse,  are use my warps to clear the cat tails away from my waterfront!  And Daryl covers with their warrantee any damage, and I've never had to send a prop back to him yet,! Look forward to hearing from you

Posted

yes the IVO uses SS tapes.  I replace mine once a year for 15 bucks.  Good float flying practices and you wont be picking up water in the prop and destroying it.  Worst case you have a few sets of tape on hand and change them when needed, it only takes a few minutes.

:BC:

Posted (edited)

Ahhh ok SS tapes on ivo, so looks like one of the props i have will workout ok? Not like she will spend all her time on floats, hahahaaaaaa i also have a warpdrive hub i could buy blades for but would like to use what i have if can. 

Suppose to start warming up on Sunday so nextweek probably b digging them out of the snow and hauling them home, have to figure out where i want to store them for awhile, think i can find room, hahahahaaaaaa

P.S.  Ahhh does it matter that this is in the for sale section? 

Edited by Buckchop