Parting out A model Avid STOL wing

58 posts in this topic

Posted

The standard push pull like the avids run

Posted

My B model has a strange setup...has a throttle in the middle of the dash, which is a lever and then a push pull on the left side...the push pull is connected to the push pull and provides friction control

Posted (edited)

Do you mean like this one Leslie?  JImChuk

PS  Steve, I'll look for cables.  I know I have some.

New B model Avid 007 (Large).jpg

Edited by 1avidflyer
1 person likes this

Posted

Different lever, but same design

Posted (edited)

Mine is just the standard push pull likr a cessna. I wanna run the same thing in my quickie. I already have the throttle cable 3 to 1 lever like my mk4 .I'm going to ise that with the yamaha set up. Basically taking everything I like on my mk4 and doing it to my quickie. 

Edited by chopndrag

Posted

Is the tailwheel assembly left?

Posted (edited)

Do you mean like this one Leslie?  JImChuk

PS  Steve, I'll look for cables.  I know I have some.

New B model Avid 007 (Large).jpg

I have the throttle 3 into 1 I just need the friction push pull type like in standard cessnas . 

The standard push pull like the avids run and I'm still on the lookout for rudder pedals if anyone wants to barter some or has them cheap . I just got a whopper of a dental bill for getting a tooth fixed a second time that was chipped 10 years ago. It set me back on my Yamaha 130 conversion and everything. On top of that had to buy a new mower my old trustworthy snapper finally bit the dust. I'll powder coat , weld or trade something for stuff

Edited by chopndrag

Posted

Sorry Steve.  I forgot all about the cable.  You have to PM me to jog my brain.  It will stay on my email till I delete it, and be a constant reminder.  I'll try to look after supper.  

Is the tailwheel assembly left?

The tailwheel on the A model Avid was more of a shopping cart wheel.  I do have an extra  6" Maule tailwheel I would part with though.  PM me if you are interested.  JImChuk