Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hello from central Minnesota

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I have been lurking here for a while and decided it's time to introduce myself. I stated flying when I was 15 and ended up going to college to be an airline pilot. Two years into that and a lot of money spent flying, my family situation changed and I realized the airline pilot lifestyle was not for me. I went back to college for Electrical Engineering and gave up flying while I finished college and raised kids.

It has been over 12 years since my last flight and I have been itching to get back in the air. I have been looking at Kitfoxes and Avids for a while and found a good barn find project on Craigslist last week. I now have an Avid model C (S/N 495) with aerobatic wings and a crashed Bandit (S/N 1533). The Bandit has seen better days and will probably be a while before I get to it, but I am hoping to have the Model C in the air this summer.

I really appreciate all of the information you guys have on this forum. I have done a lot of reading already and will probably have a million questions as I work on the project.

Thanks,

Brett

IMG_20180407_162219306.jpg

IMG_20180410_200351400.jpg

Posted

Looks like you scored pretty well. Them toys will be fun

Posted

Nevis MN for me...  your other brother Brett.  :)

You nearby?

Posted

I'm east of Elk River about 30 minutes north of Minneapolis.

I'm also on the Yamaha conversion Facebook group. The RX1 and Apex motors look like they are perfect for these planes. It would be nice to meet you and see your engine setup. Are you going to the great aviation gathering at KANE next weekend by chance?

1 person likes this

Posted

Welcome to the group!  JImChuk

Posted

I'm east of Elk River about 30 minutes north of Minneapolis.

I'm also on the Yamaha conversion Facebook group. The RX1 and Apex motors look like they are perfect for these planes. It would be nice to meet you and see your engine setup. Are you going to the great aviation gathering at KANE next weekend by chance?

Dang, no not able to make it to Anoka...  but hopefully you can swing up north sometime and put another set of eyes on my work!

Also, Matt Plante (Yam FB group) over in Stacy is halfway done with his Wild West Highlander.  His FWF Apex is coming from Steve sometime later this year.

So if you're looking to see how to do a Yamaha the right way, that'd be the one to look at!  ;)