Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Great FSDO experience

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I received my Repairman Certificate for my MK4 yesterday. I wanted to publicly recognize the Sacramento FSDO. The inspector met me at the local airport since they were there for business already. We pre-filled out the paperwork beforehand which he walked me through since the form isn’t really for repairman stuff. I literally signed a few things on my lunch break and walked out with my ticket. Was a really smooth and painless process. On the other end of the spectrum I flew a 1.6 on the complex last night and did all the commercial maneuvers, an emergency Gear extension and some pattern work. Talk about some brain overload. I also found out last night that the FAA just announced that you are no longer required to do your Comm SEL or CFI practical tests in a complex. This just saved me 10 hrs of renting a very expensive airplane in prep for my commercial checkride. I’ve been flying an IO-540 Powered Socata Trinidad. It’s a lot of fun but it’s also a handful too. 

094C8CBD-0CBB-458F-ADB4-10DF61EB9965.jpeg

BAA7873E-FACF-4067-AC04-3A09C85F0037.jpeg

Edited by C5Engineer
2 people like this

Posted

Feels awesome to get that repairman cert doesn't it? I sure liked getting mine for the Fat Avid. Didn't have one for my MKiV or Magnum.