Rotax 670 - 2 hrs TT

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Dunno anything about this one, just a repost from a Yamaha Facebook group member trying to sell.

You'll need to look his name up in FB to find him if you are interested.

Screenshot_2018-05-02-18-09-03.png

Edited by Yamma-Fox
1 person likes this

Posted

Single ignition.

Posted

I'm sure it was built to land standards with caged bearings instead of cageless. I know Rotax Rick installs dual ignitions on these for our use. I wonder what kind of credit he would give a guy if he sent in his own engine? I have a sled near me with one of these in it for cheap. 

I have a friend that took a 618 right out of a sled and used it in a Kitfox. He had to mill off the back and tap the holes for a gear box. He said it was a great engine. Not sure if he installed dual ignition or not.

Posted (edited)

Its a late 670 with the ignition pickup at top.The cranks are even different to the early ones. I'm not sure how easy it is to convert the later ones to dual ignition.The early 670's have provision for dual pickups. The later engines arn't as easy to mount a gearbox to (welding required).I can't get enough detail from these photos to be sure on this one.

Edited by Dusty

Posted

There are certainly only a range of 670's that will work for the dual ignition conversions. Not worth much cept for a Go kart if cant' be converted over to dual.

Posted

If I remember correctly...They had to be pre '95 and most seemed to prefer '93 or '94 models...couldn't have the HO crank either.

This is what I remember from Ron Davis....But, it has been awhile

Posted

Heard back from RR this motor cannot be converted to dual ignition.