Kitfox 2

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all,

May I ask a question?  I came across a Kitfox II for sale with a  532.  It's only 10k but the owner has no paperwork.  The owner would even consider disassembling and reassembling to log the hours.  What suggestion do you have for me?  I really want to own and fly the Kitfox. 

Thank you. 

Posted

First thing I would do is if the plane has an N #, I would go here   https://www.faa.gov/     and look it up.  Look on the right side of the page  below the light blue color near the top.  See a box there where you can type in the N #.   Unclear what exactly you mean by "owner has no paperwork"  No logs? or no airworthiness certificate?   Tell us more about the plane maybe...  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

First thing I would do is if the plane has an N #, I would go here   https://www.faa.gov/     and look it up.  Look on the right side of the page  below the light blue color near the top.  See a box there where you can type in the N #.   Unclear what exactly you mean by "owner has no paperwork"  No logs? or no airworthiness certificate?   Tell us more about the plane maybe...  JImChuk

Hii JimChuk,

Great vids on YouTube by the way.  Here is the ad attached. No logs whatsoever. No AW cert.  

20180504_163841.jpg

Posted

Find a DAR in your area, and ask his opinion.  Maybe he would help you to register it and get it legal.  If it's never been registered before, then maybe he can approach it as if you are finishing up the very last part of the build.  Not sure if it's possible that way, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  Pretty plane.  JImChuk

Posted

Find a DAR in your area, and ask his opinion.  Maybe he would help you to register it and get it legal.  If it's never been registered before, then maybe he can approach it as if you are finishing up the very last part of the build.  Not sure if it's possible that way, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  Pretty plane.  JImChuk

Thank you sir.  I'll find a DAR and ask.   Yes it's a nice looking plane  

Posted

Jim don't you have a Kitfox for sale around that price range that has paper work:)

Posted (edited)

Jim don't you have a Kitfox for sale around that price range that has paper work:)

What??? Really?

Edited by Duffy
Spelling

Posted

There are upsides to buying a plane with no paperwork as lo0ng as it has not been de-registered.  Yes it will take longer to get in the air legally but there can be a few perks to registering it yourself.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

There are upsides to buying a plane with no paperwork as lo0ng as it has not been de-registered.  Yes it will take longer to get in the air legally but there can be a few perks to registering it yourself.

:BC:

Hey, I'm willing to learn what/how I can make it happen.   My worry is that someone more educated in the process than I am will snatch up this plane.