Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1986 XT600 Survivor

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Just decided to dig this out of the hangar, only 1416 original miles. Was the first bike I ever bought brand new. Never saw much use because I also bought my first Harley the same year. Hey, I was getting married and wanted to make sure I had all the toys set before she got a vote lol. Besides, I already had a couple other dirt bikes to beat up on the mountain trails vs. this dual sport. Thought the Big Thumper fans might enjoy these pics.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 person likes this

Posted

We could make it back from the beer tent pretty quick on that bad boy!

Posted

I was thinking about bringing this one instead of the little XT this year. :)

Posted

Can I have it.....

Posted

Want.

Posted

That's so cool I was 5 years old in that year ha. I bought my first bike when I was 12 years old.  I had to spend 6 days a week all summer long on a roof shingling.  After I made my first 350 bucks my dad took me to purchase my first bike it was a DT175 I bet I put 30 thousand miles on that thing. Good Memory's  thanks for the flash back ha.

Posted

Ya nice bike.  I bought a new DT 250 in 1972.  A long long time ago.  Have a 1977  Yamaha enduro 400  that I haven't ridden since I tried to keep up with my son and his friends.  They were 20, and I was a long way past that.  Thought I had broken every bone in my body.  I didn't, but the front fender is still broken.  Sitting in the shed.....Sad to get old.  Anyway,  nice bike Doug.  JImChuk

Posted

Jim, my 'main' ride in junior high days was a 1972 Suzuki TC125 with 4x2 dual speed transmission. Maybe you remember those, had to kick a rocker type lever over the toe shift lever with your heel to drop down into low range. Can't count how many times I missed the kick attacking a tough, steep trail and ended up having to put the bike over to keep it from tumbling down the hill. Kicking the thing back to life in those instances was a bucket of fun too lol. That thing took quite a licking, owned it for years. And, yes indeed, it was a loooong time ago!

https://youtu.be/kUYfSeeO_LY