Avid Catalina on barnstormers

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Just saw this on barnstormers.  Not very much money.... JImChuk

thumb.jpg?modified=1526838190

AVID CATALINA NEEDS TLC • $3,000 • PRICE REDUCED Trailer Included with title, 2 place Amphibian, 1998 Registration, 108 hrs Hobbs time, Arrow Engine not airworthy, Warp Drive 2 blade, basic flight & engine instruments. Probably should be re-engined, we can help! Start with an annual inspection, work off the squawks, get with a DAR & jump thru some FAA hoops & have an awesome amphibian! • Contact Bill Larson - OREGON AIRCRAFT DESIGN LLC, Event Coordinator - located Willamina, OR USA • Telephone: 503-876-8980 • Posted May 20, 2018 Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Pictures

1x1.gif

thumb.jpg?modified=1526838190thumb.jpg?modified=1526838190thumb.jpg?modified=1526838190thumb.jpg?modified=1526838190thumb.jpg?modified=1526838190

Posted

I know I sure wish it was much closer.  I would snatched it up to have some extra Fun! :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Likewise, but Oregon is a long way from Florida!

Mark

Posted

Does this aircraft have longer wings than the Model C Avid?

Thanks

Posted (edited)

Does this aircraft have longer wings than the Model C Avid?

Thanks

Judging from the pics appears standard HH wings.  Nice find.  Wish I was closer like within a days drive-:(

Edited by allonsye

Posted

Here are the wings I mentioned on team kitfox yesterday.  Not barnstormers, ebay.  I didn't real the whole tread, but my memory says the wings are longer than HH wings.  they use 2 jury struts for instance.   Also count how many ribs out the strut attachment bracket is. JImChuk

Posted

Here are the wings I mentioned on team kitfox yesterday.  Not barnstormers, ebay.  I didn't real the whole tread, but my memory says the wings are longer than HH wings.  they use 2 jury struts for instance.   Also count how many ribs out the strut attachment bracket is. JImChuk

Last ebay post lowered the price to $3500 obo.  Cat wings are in-between Avid STOL/HH and Avid Magnum.  33'?  EDMO

Posted

The Catalina is no beauty queen......but this one is infamous with the modified/thicker fuselage sponsons. I wonder why someone would do this......

I really like the canopy though...

any ideas???

Posted (edited)

I called on this and the wings are 18" oc ribs.  From inboard rib to tip is 16' 8".  Its not a HH wing in my opinion.

Edited by lv2plyguitar

Posted

No longer listed on Barnstormers

Posted

I'm late to the party on that one! A long way from Iowa but I still would have made the drive for that one. By the time I checked in today the ad was already gone.

1 person likes this