Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Idaho less than a week away!

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Next Wed I'm leaving on the my greatest flying adventure to date. A guy in a Rans S-7 and I are flying from the Bay Area here in California to Johnson Creek in Idaho. It's about 480NM each way plus whatever we put in while were there. We are planning on flying out to some of the gnarlier Idaho strips on Thur and Friday. Were hoping to make it all the way on Wednesday. It's about 9 hours enroute if we can keep 60kts groundspeed. I've been planning this trip for years and years. I can't believe it's finally here. The weather forcast is looking promising so far. Here is a link to the route and a video of the famous Mile Hi. Looking at it, it looks easy to land. The gotcha is the Density Altitude will be in the neighborhood of 8000ft up there. The old 582 is gonna be gasping.

Westover Field to Johnson Creek

Video of Mile Hi Love the sound of a 180 winding up

http://vimeo.com/7056374

A shot of the approach into Johnson Creek

idaho04%2000137.JPG

Posted

should be a great trip! good luck and keep us posted. The 180 sounds awesome. I love the fly by, sounds like a fighter coming at you! The only time I hate that sound is when I'm out on the river camping and some D.bag thinks he has to leave camp at 5 am :lol:

:BC:

Posted

Awesome Joey, wish my plane was done and the 40 flown off and I was going with you.I have buddies here that fly down there quite a bit and they it is beautiful.Have a great flight and watch for elk and moose on the runway. Randy