Latest project

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Test flying another Back Country Super Cub that I helped to complete.  They are great airplanes but really the Avid is more fun to fly.  This one is headed to Idaho after I get the hours flown off.  Maybe I will get to deliver it via all of the Bc strips, yah right! Did I mention it has an Auto Pilot? Oh well to each there own. G3x and G5 backup for the panel.

IMG_0712.JPG

Edited by wypaul
1 person likes this

Posted

Whats the differences you see that make the AVID more fun.  I have considered going to larger bush plane but have no experience in one.

Posted

The Avid is very nimble and lite on the controls think sports car whereas the big planes are are more like driving a truck.  They are very heavy on the controls and very stable.  Now if you are wanting to haul a moose or heavy loads into the back Country on very short/ rough strips these big Cubs will be a lot of fun but at 220 hp the fuel burn will be felt in your wallet .  The real beauty of this plane is with the slats it will almost hover and the Porter gear with 35" Bushwheels you can plop it down just about anywhere. So the bottom line is that this is just my opinion.  If money was not an issue I might have one of these but I sure would keep the Avid for putting around having fun.IMG_1028.thumb.JPG.5fbdb2ba7fe35d92e53adTest flying another Back Country Super Cub that I helped to complete.  They are great airplanes but really the Avid is more fun to fly.  This one is headed to Idaho after I get the hours flown off.  Maybe I will get to deliver it via all of the Bc strips, yah right! Did I mention it has an Auto Pilot? Oh well to each there own.

IMG_0712.JPG