Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

It runs! HKS

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Well I got it running.  Picked up this engine with thoughts of putting it on my Kitfox 1.  Not sure what I really will end up doing with it.  Hung if on the Kitfox 4 fuselage that I'm rebuilding in a very temporary fashion.  (how about that plywood firewall)  Have the wrong intake manifolds for this mount, that's why the carbs are mounted out so far.  (reversed the intake manifolds)  Got it to idle a bit better today, maybe it will end up on the work bench for a while  now while I get back to doing the Kitfox 4 rebuild.  Anyway it's nice to hear it run.  It will need a different exhaust system, and intake manifolds if I use it, but it seems like it would work ok on a light Kitfox or Avid.   Used my cheap old phone for the video so it's not real clear.  Sorry....    JImChuk

Posted

Sure don't know anything about HKS engines but it sure sounds smooth!

Posted

Well i dont know alot either but least we know when a motor sounds like its runnin right and begs to b flown!!  That kf 4 is lookin nice Jim,  i hope mining goes good this year so i can pickup the kf 4 this winter im lookin at in arizona from a friend. 

Posted

Thanks guys, actually it didn't want to idle down as slow as it should.  So it was pretty smooth at 2500, not so much at 2000.   I got it a good bit better when I got the carbs a bit more in sync.  But still a ways to go.  Trouble with these other projects is it keeps me from progressing on the Kitfox 4.  Put the trim tab in the elevator, and that's all so far.  JImChuk