Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

40 hrs phase one is done!

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Thanks in part to the members here helping me iron out my tach problem I have finished my phase one testing, I finished today with a 2 hour flight starting at dawn and power -on and off stalls and slow flight,(they do go hand in hand). I have a couple of quick clips on youtube under the same user name I have here if you want to take a look. Fly safe!

Posted

Thanks in part to the members here helping me iron out my tach problem I have finished my phase one testing, I finished today with a 2 hour flight starting at dawn and power -on and off stalls and slow flight,(they do go hand in hand). I have a couple of quick clips on youtube under the same user name I have here if you want to take a look. Fly safe!

Congrats. on first phase compleation. I just passed my tailwheel endorcement, and will start first phase, and first flight soon. Russ.

Posted

Congrats to BOTH of you guys! I am dreading putting mine back into phase one when I get the new engine mounted cause I will have to go back to wheels. I am hoping they will let me slide at 20 hrs but will just have to see how it goes.

:BC:

Posted

I'm with Leni

Congratulations to both of you!

Jezz

Posted

Congrats to BOTH of you guys! I am dreading putting mine back into phase one when I get the new engine mounted cause I will have to go back to wheels. I am hoping they will let me slide at 20 hrs but will just have to see how it goes.

Forgive my ignorance but how would they (I think they refers to the FAA?) know? Personally I think the 40 for a new experimental is a good idea now that I've been through it, but if I upgrade an engine or change type, is there paper work involved other than a log book entry, I was under the impression that it was more of an honor system with the testing.

Posted

Forgive my ignorance but how would they (I think they refers to the FAA?) know? Personally I think the 40 for a new experimental is a good idea now that I've been through it, but if I upgrade an engine or change type, is there paper work involved other than a log book entry, I was under the impression that it was more of an honor system with the testing.

My airworthiness is for any rotax engine. If I go to another manufacture, it is another inspection. Since it is not a proven engine / prop combo, they can put me back in phase I for XX hours as they see fit. I called the FSDO and talked to the inspector and he came up with the same thing..

Posted

My airworthiness is for any rotax engine. If I go to another manufacture, it is another inspection. Since it is not a proven engine / prop combo, they can put me back in phase I for XX hours as they see fit. I called the FSDO and talked to the inspector and he came up with the same thing..

Another inspection too? Will they issue another AW certificate afterwards? or update it to include this engine type as well as rotax?

Posted (edited)

double post

Edited by racegunz

Posted

Another inspection too? Will they issue another AW certificate afterwards? or update it to include this engine type as well as rotax?

Not certain on that one. Will have to just play it out when the time comes..