Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Any one know how Ed is doing?

26 posts in this topic

Posted

Haven't seen Ed posting lately.  I know he was going through chemo and such.  Has any one been in contact with him?  JImChuk

Posted

I know I have it somewhere, but can't find it.  If any one has Ed's #, can you PM it to me?  Thanks, JImChuk

Posted

Jim - I don't have Ed's contact info, but if you check his profile it says he visited the forum this past Sunday.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for asking fellows - I try to drop in every few days to see what is happening - Bottom Line:  Not doing any better - Feel so tired - Chemo was recoverable about 2 to 3 weeks after each session, but Radiation sickness and weakness seems to be everlasting.  I think they fried my brain!  ;<)  Cheers, EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Hey Ed, thinking of you.

Maybe if you went to bed at a reasonable hour instead of trolling the Homebuilders sites at all time of the night you wouldn't be so dang tired.

HA! :BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi Ed,  glad to see you stopped in to say hi.  We're pulling for you and wishing you the best.  JImChuk

Posted

Prayers sent, Ed. Hope that is okay, not taking them back. Jon

Posted

x2 what Ramos said!

Posted

Hang in there, Ed.  They're a lot better with the radiation now than several years ago.  Keep posting.  Charlie S.

Posted

Glad to hear from you Ed!  

x 3 what Ramos said too!  Throw a post occasionally with the little wise cracks....always fun to read.:)            Wishing You The Very Best  Randy 

Posted

All our best to you Ed, keep hanging in there.  We're praying for you.

Randy

Posted

Keep posting ED...it will keep you brain from fading and makes us all happy to know you're well & "hanging" on. 

Posted

Kick cancer square in the nutts, take care. 

Posted

ED, we wish you strength and endurance.
The cancer does not know who to fight against.

Posted (edited)

That's right Buddy!

We all have you in mind and prayer!

You were the first to welcome me when I started in here... you stuck with me even when I became a traitor and switched away from "The Sooby", and then again as I became the self righteous know-it-all egomaniac that everyone now just rolls their eyes at!

If you stick with me after all that then you're a hell of a guy!

Get off that mind numbing juice quick so we can have ya back! 

:)

Brett

:BC:

Edited by Yamma-Fox
2 people like this

Posted

We are pulling for you, Ed! 

Posted

I called him today, but had to leave a message as no one answered.  I should have tried a bit earlier this evening as well, but now it's probably getting to late.  JImChuk

Posted

I just got a message from Ed this evening.  He didn't see that I had called for a few days. He said some of the tumors have shrunk, but he still feels lousy.  Seems that he is heading in the right direction, and he said to tell you all that "he's not gone yet"  Was very nice to get that message from him.  JImChuk

6 people like this

Posted

Thanks for the update Jim always appreciated.

Posted

Ed PM ed me today, and said I could post it here for the rest of you to see.  Here it is.  JImChuk

Jim,  Msg to apologize for not answering your call.  I don't know when you called but just found your voicemail last night.  I will return call someday.  I just had PET scan and the news is not all bad.  3 of 4 spots have shrunk, and they are talking about some more radiation soon.  I am very weak and shaky - sleeping a lot and no appetite.  I didn't have much fat to burn and I have lost about 35 lbs of muscle - 180 down to 145 now.  Trying to get some strength back.  Maybe by fall I can get some help to advertise my stuff, since I probably wont be able to build anymore.  Thanks so much for calling.  Tell AFF I am not gone yet! ;<)  Cheers,  Ed

Posted (edited)

Good News is not Bad News!  So that's Good thing.....  We're all pulling for you Ed! Chat with you soon!:BC:

Thanks for the update Jim!

Edited by Avid Randy

Posted

I'm glad to hear Ed replied to your call and I'm particularly pleased that his most recent results are positive. Safe to say we all miss his presence on the AFF forum and wish him strength. Here's hoping he's back to posting and putzing around the shop again soon. 

Posted

Couple months ago my dad was diagnosed with lymphoma. It's right behind his eye and is already starting to shrink for some reason. They have him scheduled for all the radiation stuff that goes along with it . Hopefully him and Ed can kick cancers ass. This is a disease they definitely need a cure for . My dad was the one who got me into flying so I owe it to him to keep going and teach my daughters the same thing . 

20151003_095710.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Jim, have you heard anything new from Ed? Sure miss seeing his posts!!

Posted

I hope he's doing good . My dad is now cancer free . They did the last round of radiation and it seems to have gone away. That was one hell of a scare .

1 person likes this