Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kitfox 1 for sale

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi all,  Finally getting around to listing my Kitfox 1 for sale.  582 gray head, B gear box, 2 blade Warp drive taper tip prop.  Total time on aircraft is 375.  Engine was gone through at a local shop I've used on 8 or 9 engines before this one about 15 hrs ago.  I got this as a project, you can read about my posts about it here.  If you do a search of my name on youtube, you can see other videos of it as well.  $10,500.  Can probably add a trailer into the mix for a bit more. It is in annual till August 1 if my memory is correct.   I'm in northern Mn.  Listing it here first, then other places later on if need be.  218-two five four-24 zero four.   JImChuk  

PS  conditional inspection is good till Sept. 1

DSCN0021.JPG

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted (edited)

10 years ago when I bought my Kitfox 2, it was a "barn find".  I thought I was doing well buying it at $10,300.

But, as in most project planes and those that have been sitting in the barn, there were "plenty too many" little issues that needed attention!

So to anyone out there who is shopping like I was back then... for a plane like this, all I can say is:

I wish I would have waited and bought a fully gone through "turn key and fly me" plane like this from an expert like Jim!!

Edited by Yamma-Fox
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Not sure how much of an expert I am, but thanks for the compliment.  Was just going to add some more info to the add that I forgot to mention.  Gross weight on this Kitfox 1 is 950 lb.  Empty weight is 494.  Bit over 450 useable load.  Also,  one 6 gallon wing tank, and 9 gallon header tank.  Oil injection, oil tank holds about 4 quarts.  Hydraulic brakes.  JImChuk

PS  annual conditional inspection it good till Sept 1.  

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted

Kitfox 1 is on it's way to Colorado as I type this.  Nice little airplane.  Hope the new owner has lots of fun with it.   JImChuk

2 people like this

Posted

Kitfox 1 is on it's way to Colorado as I type this.  Nice little airplane.  Hope the new owner has lots of fun with it.   JImChuk

hey nice work with the sale. That light weight little bird will probably have fun in Colorado.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ya, at 500 lbs and 65 HP, it's a rocket ship.  JImChuk