Great Friends!

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Guys,

As most of us know, this site is great for keeping our Avids flying and just general sport BS'ing. However, on Liz and my trip through France, it broadened my horizons in ways beyond words. I reached out to Fred Stork as one of our trains was to pass close to his home, and we arranged a visit. We spent the afternoon together looking over Fred's Avid and then going flying over the beautiful French countryside. What an experience!  Fred has done an incredible job with his Avid, he has all sorts of custom parts made for his plane. Like his split Windows, they are so neat! The Oratex covering is very light yet strong. I would definitely consider using it when recovering. Fred also has the Simonini 92 hp engine.  It is smooth and very powerful.  I noticed that the engine maintains constant rpm 's when flying in turbulence, my 582 will slow down and speed up in the same conditions. The engine has a much higher compression ratio too. All of the aviation parts where great, but the best part was meeting Fred and his family! Fred welcomed us into his home overnight. It was the best part of our trip. His son, Octave, is following in our footsteps with a fleet of model rc airplanes and helicopters. He performed an exciting air show for me in the kitchen with his helicopter. The boy has skills! Fred's daughters and Liz kept each other entertained with their English/French conversation skills. We topped off the evening with a wonderful  French dining experience out in a beautiful courtyard under some amazing trees! It was a lifetime experienced! Fred educated us on fine wine and foie gra. I think I developed a new habit with the foie gra! That stuff is amazing, and I never would have tried it without Fred's guidance.  What else can I say, words escape me. It was definitely a memorable lifetime event! Fred, thank you so much! Bryce

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

13 people like this

Posted

Awesome!  Thanks for sharing that Mr.  Posts like this are why I will always have this site online..

:BC:

2 people like this

Posted

All I can say is, if Bryce and Liz are coming your way - Invite them!
They are lovely and we had a great time!

Bryce_and_Liz.thumb.jpg.16bcda747654b1a3Bryce_and_Fred.thumb.jpg.6fdac5a609db158

5 people like this

Posted

Thank you for sharing. That's what this site is all about. Making connections!!

3 people like this

Posted

And here I thought I was special because I met Bryce across the country on a trip. This is absolutely awesome thanks for sharing. 

2 people like this

Posted

Awesome!