Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Prop. Spinner

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi All,

I noticed my prop. spinner is not running true, has a little wobble. I could paint a spiral on it, just kidding. I noticed a MK IV HH for sale on Barnstormers, and it has no spinner. I talked with owner and he had same problem with wobble. He claims the spinner is not needed. What are the thoughts on this?

Thanks Russ.

Posted

<br />Hi All,<br /> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I noticed my prop. spinner is not running true, has a little wobble. I could paint a spiral on it, just kidding. I noticed a MK IV HH for sale on Barnstormers, and it has no spinner. I talked with owner and he had same problem with wobble. He claims the spinner is not needed. What are the thoughts on this? <br /> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks Russ.<br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

Hey Russ,

What prop are you running? I know the brolga on akflyerbobs plane will wobble a bit unless you have it lined up PERFECTLY. The last time I put it on I just barely snugged the screws down, gave the prop a spin and then bumped it here and there till I had it running true, then tightened it down all the way. Any pics of you spinner so we can see how it mounts?

Posted

<br /><br /><br />

Hey Russ,

What prop are you running? I know the brolga on akflyerbobs plane will wobble a bit unless you have it lined up PERFECTLY. The last time I put it on I just barely snugged the screws down, gave the prop a spin and then bumped it here and there till I had it running true, then tightened it down all the way. Any pics of you spinner so we can see how it mounts?

I am running a Culver 74" x 49 pitch. The prop runs true, just the spinner has a wobble. Running on a MK IV HH 582. Russ.

Posted

I am running a Culver 74" x 49 pitch. The prop runs true, just the spinner has a wobble. Running on a MK IV HH 582. Russ.

how is the spinner attached? My ivo has one screw in the center. the brolga has about 8 or 10 screws around the perimeter. just trying to figure out how it mounts to give a suggestion for making it spin true.

:BC:

Posted (edited)

how is the spinner attached? My ivo has one screw in the center. the brolga has about 8 or 10 screws around the perimeter. just trying to figure out how it mounts to give a suggestion for making it spin true.

BC.gif

It has two bulkheads, one behind the prop, and the other infront of the prop. The spinner is attached to the rear bulkhead with screws and lock nuts.

Russ.

Edited by Russ.