Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

KItfox 3 Project

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Long story short:  The gentleman that I bought my yellow Kitfox from back in '09 had another plane he was working on.  A Kitfox 3.  Johnny pass away a couple of years ago and this project was abandoned.  It is a covered, through poly brush, fuselage and wings, with all of the other parts to complete.  It was set up for a 912, but, unfortunately the engine was sold shortly after his passing.  There is an older, but never run,  grey head 582 with mount that needs rebuilding due to it sitting for many years with the whole thing that can go with the project.

I will be picking up this project and transporting it to my hangar in the next couple of days to help sell it.  I'm really not interested in parting it out.  We would like to sell the entire collection complete.  I believe most everything is there to complete the plane (less the 912) or convert it to use the 582.

Mary, Johnny's widow, is motivated to sell it.  We are starting at $7500 for the entire works, but reasonable offers will be accepted.

582.thumb.jpg.e5642dbf6e93ad85521a899647

912.thumb.jpg.1faba41da5e5d259af57dc4c28

Fuselage.thumb.jpg.0c6626de3bbaf1286dbb6

I hope to have some more photos of the collection shortly to post here first before it goes up on Barnstormers and other places.

Posted (edited)

I like those butt rib fairings. If this plane is similar, based on your yellow 1050, a buyer can expect the work to date to be exemplary.

Edited by dholly

Posted

Sounds like a fair price shouldn't have any issue unloading that one. Good luck.

Posted

Some more pics of the stuff moved to my hangar...

IMG_3582.thumb.jpg.c0489e8fac083fd47b9e5IMG_3581.thumb.jpg.e8f4c81adb3ae3645ef42IMG_3580.thumb.jpg.7ae6363f01a57afae285fIMG_3578.thumb.jpg.fa13e916f2765e03875a9

IMG_3579.thumb.jpg.a1bd1e4230dc829a9c90c

Posted

Congratulations!  Sold to Jim Chuk.

Better start a build thread on this one...

5 people like this

Posted

Ya, just couldn't resist.  A friend of mine may be interested in it when it's done, so I went for it.  Eventually I will try to do the built thread.  Thanks Larry!... My wife says Thanks a lot! LARRY.   No not really, she just kind of shook her head, a slight roll of the eyes, and then forgot about it.  She is a good gal.  JImChuk

PS Larry, I am interested in the trailer

1 person likes this

Posted

One thing for sure Jim you do not have to worry about idle hands.  Can't wait to see this one fly!

Posted

No question, I have lots of stuff to keep busy with.  If I could just push myself to keep pounding away at the projects, maybe some of them would get done sooner.  Kitfox 4 fuselage is getting close to be ready to cover.  Maybe I can get it to the point of painting, and do this one at the same time while I have the spray booth setup.  That to me is the fun part any way.  KInd of the thing that really shows the progress.   JImChuk

2 people like this

Posted

Jim, I sent your email to the owner of the trailer and asked him to send you some photos per your request...

1 person likes this