Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Trying to install 582 in a kitfox classic 4 that had a 503

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Well I have myself in a pickle again. I have this nice model 4 kitfox that was built  with a 503. I have  a582 I want to install .. I ordered a new mount from Kitfox and turns out it is the same mount I have on this plane . The problem is , when I try to set the 582 into the aluminum cradle, the carbs hit on the left side... There must be some other kind of aluminum cradle me thinks....Does anyone have a photo of a 582 in a model 4 so I can see what I am missing...?? MY engine mount steel has two rectangluar tubes that are at an angle to teh eninge and then the aluminum cradle fits into that. THere are 4 dynofocal mount between the aluminum cradle and the steel engine mount....Ill try to post a photo.....of my set up with the 503 egine,....I dont know if I have to change the steel mount or just the aluminum craadle????Thanks in advance.....Mark Smith

exfaa@outlook.com

503 installation.jpg

Posted

I thought the newer mounts attached to the sides of the engine and didn't use the aluminum plate.  Maybe there are three different kinds of mounts, earliest ones used a flat plate, the one that attaches to the sides of the engine, and the one in your picture.  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

IMG_0645.thumb.JPG.b08e77b661d0398900dc2 I have a set of three for lack of a better description T-shaped hangers for a kit fox, see attached picture That I can let go.

Posted

Typo

sould read 4 mounts!