Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Orlando For Sale

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I’m in Orlando this week and looking for Avid/Rotax 582/instruments/tools parts and pieces.  If you have something in one of those categories that you’re willing to part with please reply or send me a message.  Thanks!

Posted

What are you looking for ? I may have some stuff at my house or hanger . I'm in Zephyrhills

Posted

What are you looking for ? I may have some stuff at my house or hanger . I'm in Zephyrhills

We have a C model that needs flaperon work, exhaust work, propeller, fabric repairs, vhf antenna, lift struts for doors, rivet squeezer,  etc.  .  Let me know what you have.  Thanks. 

Posted

We have a C model that needs flaperon work, exhaust work, propeller, fabric repairs, vhf antenna, lift struts for doors, rivet squeezer,  etc.  .  Let me know what you have.  Thanks. 

these are the struts I used . About $10 each on ebay .Rivet squeezer harbor freight has really cheap . What kind of exhaust work ? That doesn't really tell me anything

20161115_080206.thumb.jpg.1795186ae0c908aee4afc37af91b298c.jpg

Posted

I guess that’s what I’m getting at, that is I don’t have a specific list of specific parts I’m looking for.  We have just acquired the Avid project so as we begin work on it I will know more of what it needs.  I fly for a living and happen to be sitting in Orlando for a week or so.  I’m just reaching out to see if folks in the area might have something I might could use and no shipping required.  Thanks for the strut and squeezer info.

Posted

List of parts will help big time . Lot's of guys on here with everything .

Posted

For a rivet squeezer to do the ones your talking about on the trailing edge of the flaperons.. grind the teeth off a pair of vice grips and use a drill bit to put a slight dimple on one side.  You can then set the squeeze amount needed very easily.  If you really want to get nuts (no pun intended) put a stop nut on the adjuster so you can lock it down and squeeze away to your hearts desire.

Learned that from the guy that was building the ribs for Dakota Cub up here when they started out.  He used a few different pair of needle nose and "regular" ones to get into tight spots where the much larger "aircraft" squeezer could not get to.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks AKflyer!  I might try that.