15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have the following KF1 parts. Cowl Tank; Rudder pedals w/ hydraulic brake cylinders.; Control quadrant back to and including the mixer. Doors; Turtle deck; some ribs;Engine mount with plate. Fiberglass cowling (repairable) Horiz stab and elevator. Rudder.

Avid B model sticks and rudder pedals (cable brake set up) Set of radiators for a "C" model. Reasonable offer for any of it.

I still have the "C" model speedwing airframe. $2500. I am in the process of finishing up the current project. When it is done, HANGAR PURGE!!!.

OUT GOES EVERYTHING.

Bob McCaa 717 363 7 five five two

Edited by whizzers

Posted

Anyone have any idea what the compatibility would be between the Kitfox 1 hydraulic rudder pedal setup and an Avid A or B model?

If they would be compatible...Whizzers, what would you want for the setup? Already have the wheels and brakes.

Posted

I wouldn't be a bit surprised they would swap.  I actually was thinking about them myself, but you spoke up first so go ahead.  On my Kitfox 1, the brake leverage is way better than my Avid MK IV was.  Had very good brakes on the Kitfox 1, and not so good on the Avid.  Get the overall lengths and compare.  I'm sure the tubing is the same diameter.  JImChuk

Posted

Jim, appreciate the info....Whizzers?

Posted

I don't have the "B Avid pedals handy. When I go out to the airport tomorrow I'll grab them and take some photos for comparison.

Compared with the "C' model pedals, the horizontal tube on the KF is 1/4 inch shorter than the Avid. The KF pedals are about 1/2 inch taller than the Avid.

I could for sure make them work, but you might have to fabricate or modify brackets. I doubt they will bolt right up.

The brake pedal geometry is definitely better on the KF. I do not know the condition of the cylinders. They appear to be old Matco, but they are not marked.

50 bucks plus shipping.

Bob McCaa

Posted

Bob,

Price is good, but would like measurements when you are at the airport tomorrow.  If they look like something that I can make work, then I will take them.

Thanks,

Leslie

Posted

Had bad time today. Didn't get to photo the pedals. Will get it tomorrow.

Posted (edited)

I got out to the airport today. I took a coup[le of pictures, but just now I am having computer issues and can't get them out of the camera.

I compared the KF pedals to a set of Avid "B" model pedals I have. They are cable brake pedals.

Here is what I found:

1. The Avid lower tubes are 3/8 inch longer than the KF tubes. .18 7/8 vs:: 18 1/2 inches

2. The KF pedals are 1/4 inch taller from the bottom of the bottom tube to the top of the rudder pedal: 7" vs:: 6 3/4

3. The height to the top of the brake pedal is 9 1/2 in KF vs 9 3/4 inch Avid.

4 The KF pedals are 1/4 inch wider outside pedal to pedal than the Avid

5. i  put the KF pedals into an Avid "C" airframe I have and I did not see any interference issues. They fit onto the mounting pads but you will have to drill new holes in something. In the worst case scenario, you might have to make the mounting pads a bit wider, or fabricate new pivots. I do not know if this is a difference between KF and Avid, or the fact that the holes in your Avid are not necessarily in the same place as the holes in my Avid. AS I mentioned, I do not know the condition of the brake master cylinders. If you need more info, call me or e mail me. I will get a shipping quote Monday.

whizzers@verizon.net

717 363 7 five five two

Bob McCaa

MVC-004S.JPG

MVC-003S.JPG

Edited by whizzers
update

Posted

Bob,  If Leslie doesn't take them, I will.  JImChuk

Posted

I will be out at my airport tomorrow and see what I can do with the measurements provided.

Leslie

Posted

My lower tubes are 19 3/16 and from the bottom of the tubes to the top of the brake pedals is only 9.  I don't currently have a lot of room to play with in either direction .

I appreciate your indulgence, but I guess I would be better to let Jim have these. 

Thanks again, 

Leslie

Posted

OK Jim, your turn. Send me your ZIP and I'll get you a shipping quote

Posted

MVC-004S.JPG

MVC-003S.JPG

Posted

PM sent.  JImChuk

Posted

Hey JIm

Sent you a PM, don't know if you got it. My shipper says $45. Would make it $95 total. Please let me know.

Bob