SKYPER GT9 - new bird in the hands

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi friends,

I have new toy in the hands for "customer test" ordered by aviation magazine here.
Even though I have now Bristell, I am still sort of addicted to shoulder wing planes. This SKYPER is all-metal aircraft, very light, just 285kg /  628 lbs empty , but MTOW is 600kg/1322 lbs.

What is unusual for me is quite high speed for cruising available, probably due to wing profile. I had only "first date" just no more the 2 hours in the air and 8 landings. Engine is standard ROTAX 912 / 100HP and origin of the aircraft is UL category 475kg/1047 lbs now enhanced to LSA level.

IMG_2579.JPG

IMG_2580.JPG

IMG_2595.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

Not bad.  130 MPH cruise speed!  The airfoil looks a bit unusual but that might just be the angle you shot it from on the tip.  Nice looking bird though!

Posted

Hi everybody,

a little more news regarding Skyper GT9. I just finished "user test"period. We had unusual long and dry autumn here, nice weather till last Sunday. Rainy, cloudy wet ... damp since then. I've flown on Sunday just till the low clouds and rain reached my airstrip.

Interesting bird this Skyper. All metal and unusual combination of classic tubular construction of cockpit cage and engine compartment covered by composite cover (matter of good aerodynamics), all-metal semi-monocoque structure of wings and tail cone including tail feathering. Sturdy compact construction. Wing has sweep-forward 3 degree. BRS equipped. Operational speed range 60 KIAS to 119 KIAS, VNE = 145 KIAS, touch down even less 40 knots. Huge windows, closed cockpit, no wind blow. A little lazy on ailerons, very agile on elevator. Sturdy landing gear with good manners, steering on front wheel. STOL definitely, but ... Unfortunately, no taildragger version is available ;):rolleyes:  What else ... clever and speedy traveler (up to 540 NM), excellent for aerial photography, observation, whatever. I would recommend yoke rather then stick for control ... but who knows if manufacturer will listen. Some pictures for you...

OM-M754fkk.jpg

OM-M773fee.jpg

Resize of OM-M773foo.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Recently producer asked me for ferry flight from Friedrichshafen AeroEXPO (EDNY) in Germany to Slovakia, Lucenec airport (LZLU). Nearly 4 and half hours with one fuel stop in Czech republic LKBA airport in Breclav crossing airspace in four European countries on the way back

Taking off at twilight from LZLU Lucenec to Germany and  landing back close to evening ... nearly 9 hours of total time - nice day.

OM-M215fee.jpg

Rotation of AustriaNorthEast_Skyper.jpg

1 person likes this