New Kitfox owner from Colorado

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone.  I bought Jim Chuk's Kitfox 1.  Thanks Jim for a great experience,  your a class act!  I'm sure I will have lots of questions and this looks like a good place for answers.  If anyone lives near the Denver, CO area it would be nice to network with some Avid/Kitfox owners.  Also I am working on a roughly 1400 ft. dirt/grass strip on my property if anyone has suggestions on good grass for it or would like to come shoot some landings when its smooth let me know.

2 people like this

Posted

Good morning. I'm glad to see another Kitfox/Avid owner in the Denver area. I live in Aurora, CO and have an Avid Mk IV out at Front Range Airport. Let's connect.

Posted

Your gonna have fun with that one.

I have lived in Colorado several times but could only dream of flying over it.

Posted

Hello,

I am building an Avid Magnum in Salida Colorado.  Welcome to the forum and I hope I can use your strip soon!!!

Barry

Posted

Welcome to the forum!! Ron lives in Pueblo with his awesome Magnum and has a good network of like minded folks. 

Posted

Glad you joined up to the group.  Thanks for the kind words.  JImChuk

Posted

Barry,

I knocked down the weeds on the strip yesterday and started with the blade to clean it up.  Should be useable in a few weeks.  Your welcome anytime!

C5,

What is Ron's screen name?  I will have to look him up.

Posted

I meant to show you what I used for leveling my strip when you picked up the plane.  It's about 26' long.  Pulled it with the tractor and raised or lowered the blade with the hydrolics on the hitch.  Used a long truck frame.  JImChuk

Photo0091.jpg

Photo0092.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Barry,

I knocked down the weeds on the strip yesterday and started with the blade to clean it up.  Should be useable in a few weeks.  Your welcome anytime!

C5,

What is Ron's screen name?  I will have to look him up.

C5, Thanks, but it will be late this fall at the earliest before I make first flight. Got to rebuild my engine and install the panel yet. Thanks for the future use of your strip, looking forward to it. Be sure to send my your GPS coordinates sometime.

Thanks

Barry