Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kitfox 4 Mixer

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all, do any of you guys know anyone with drawings for the KF/ 4 differential flaperon mixer??. Hope you can help?? Thanks Garyh

Posted

Hi all, do any of you guys know anyone with drawings for the KF/ 4 differential flaperon mixer??. Hope you can help?? Thanks Garyh

Why? Do you need to repair one or are you trying to make one??

Posted

Yeah, I am building a from scratch. and need these dimensions to construct this KF/4 mixer. A side view showing position in fuslage-arm lengths- the small

linkages under the mixer etc. Pic shows where i am at this stage. Can anyone help.! Many Thanhs Garyh.

post-164-1278885283116_thumb.jpg

Posted

I have drawn a rough sketch of the KF/4 mixer, if any of you guys could put any of the dimensions on this would be greatfull. Cheers GaryH

post-164-12789127913575_thumb.jpg

Posted

Gary- Scratch building like that earns my profound admiration, especially when I have a manufacturer's kit and manual in front of me. You must be retired and living in a desert climate? Leave a bare fuse unprotected like that around here and it would be flash rusted in about two days, lol. Best luck finishing the project, I'd help out if I could but I have a M-III.

Posted (edited)

Rust is a problem, so i keep spraying a coat of thin oil every couple of days to try and hold it at bay. The mixer is the last weldment section to do now

before i can prime the frame, so i really nead this info as soon as possible. Anyhow thanks for your thoughts mate. Can anyone help ??? garyh.9@bigpond.net.au Thanks Garyh.

Edited by G9153

Posted

Not wanting to be flippant sounding, but the mixer assembly was one of the major improvements to the Kitfox line starting with the model IV. The engineering and R&D that went into this was fairly extensive and there is some intellectual property value here. This may be a reason that there are no drawings or technical details available for this component. Have you attempted to purchase one of these parts?

I can appreciate the work of scratch-building a plane like this, quite impressive.

Posted

Not wanting to be flippant sounding, but the mixer assembly was one of the major improvements to the Kitfox line starting with the model IV. The engineering and R&D that went into this was fairly extensive and there is some intellectual property value here. This may be a reason that there are no drawings or technical details available for this component. Have you attempted to purchase one of these parts?

I can appreciate the work of scratch-building a plane like this, quite impressive.

Larry, I luv ya but after reading that comment I gotta speak up. All the guy needs is a handful of measurements. He's not looking for copyrighted CAD drawings, to steal a design, go into competition or enrich himself. He clearly prefers to fabricate, Jezuss just look at what he's stuck together. Probably costs a left nut to buy and ship kits or individual parts Down Under too. Hell, he can and will make the part and all he needs are a few friggin' measurements that he could easily jack off a buddy's Kitfox if he was somewhere with the benefit of a local fleet. C'mon brothers, loosen up and pay it forward. Share a little Kitfox love when you can!

:2cent:

Posted

Thankyou Fatbastard builder kitfox flyer you sound like a descent bloke. Looks like theres no KF/ love out there, any how i have worked out the geometry

now so all good. Once again thanks for your honest thoughts. Cheers buddy.

Posted

Larry, I luv ya but after reading that comment I gotta speak up. All the guy needs is a handful of measurements. He's not looking for copyrighted CAD drawings, to steal a design, go into competition or enrich himself. He clearly prefers to fabricate, Jezuss just look at what he's stuck together. Probably costs a left nut to buy and ship kits or individual parts Down Under too. Hell, he can and will make the part and all he needs are a few friggin' measurements that he could easily jack off a buddy's Kitfox if he was somewhere with the benefit of a local fleet. C'mon brothers, loosen up and pay it forward. Share a little Kitfox love when you can!

:2cent:

speaking of stealing intellectual property yada yada, was the fist kitfox now an exact clone of the Avid :snack::lol:

I got the same kind of feed back when I posted up the construction manual, but oh well.. I would call the manuals more of a guide line than a construction manual anyway as soo much is left up to the builder to figure out..

:BC:

oh yeah, luv ya too Larry :lmao:

:BC:

Posted (edited)

Kitfox 1-3 was a (poor) copy of the Avid, agreed. Another example of plain theft: The Euro(trash)Fox and it's renamed bastard son Aerotrek. Second generation theft is still theft.

The model IV started with an actual aeronautical engineering redesign that made a completely new plane. It differs greatly from its predecessors and is a vast improvement. This is common knowledge...

Sharing an assembly manual, photos, modifications, experiences or instructions is one thing, but technical engineering design data is where I personally draw the line.

I've had engineering ideas stolen from me. Until you have your own intellectual property stolen I guess it is a moot point to argue any further.

The original poster has solved his design problem. I wish him well with his scratch build and hope it flies great.

Please guys, lets move on...

Edited by Av8r3400