KitFox / Avid Transition Training Instructors

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I am considering the purchase of a Kitfox or Avid and would like to receive tailwheel transition training in one of these aircraft.    Is there a list of instructors available?  I am familiar with Stick and Rudder in Idaho but I was hoping to find someone in the southeastern US.  

1 person likes this

Posted

I’m in Nashville, where are you?

Posted

I'm in Birmingham so not that far from you.

Posted

Great! (615)294-0214 when your ready, Bryce

2 people like this

Posted

I couldn't find anyone near me so I ended up reading as much as I could about my mk4 speedwing and since it's a tri gear I picked a nice day and went for it. The plane takes of like a rocket but it's so much fun to fly. I wouldn't recommend what I did with a taildragger since they are a little squirly on the ground . I flew a ton of lsa planes so I kind of had a idea what to expect. Good luck with the transition training they are definitely fun to fly . 

1 person likes this

Posted

I have flow an Avid taildragger for over 3,000 hours and you DO have to have dancing feet.

A friend bought a  MK4 with nose wheel. I took it for a test flight and by comparison, you don't need feet. Really easy on landing and roll out. I had forgotten how easy nose-draggers are to land.

John M