Inspection day is here

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Well fellas the day has finally come. Tomorrow at 11:00 the DAR will show up to inspect my plane. She’s looking good and all the needed materials are ready. I’ve spent the last three days going over every inch of that plane cleaning and completing a condition inspection. I found four bolts installed backwards in the control mixture and the back of the fiberglass seat pan was not secured. Nothing major but the checklist I used was tailored for our planes and very helpful. 

I want to thank a lot of you on here for helping me along the way. You guys are the best.   

Wish me luck!!

92D60FA9-3117-4BFB-9ED2-F0220E667B74.jpeg

E1786646-B8E6-49CB-85D2-8091FF573397.jpeg

B8F8023A-7B09-4C1D-9F3E-84D0C5A42586.jpeg

22FFA8BC-0C4A-4E28-A067-33C0EB0BD1C9.jpeg

BBAE97BD-3042-49AB-B391-5FF584929FB8.jpeg

5 people like this

Posted

Beautiful Airplane, Vance. Nice work!

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for all your input nlappos. I’m still thinking a 670 is in my future. How’s that going BTW?

Posted

It’s official!!!! Passed with flying colors! He made two recommendations and said the plane was very well put together. Let the games begin!!!

24682F96-05C4-42DC-B50D-39E22BF13EC7.jpeg

5 people like this

Posted

Thanks for all your input nlappos. I’m still thinking a 670 is in my future. How’s that going BTW?

I have over 2 hours on the 670 now, and all looks great. I owe a long tome with performance info, but so far runs great, strong, smooth and most important, it can be throttled back to low fuel flow, so the RAVE valves seem to work. I can throttle back to less than 5 GPH, and get about 85 mph.

I will be back home next week, and intend to take a few long performance flights to see fuel flow, egt, rpm and flight performance and will publish it all. So far the only negative is that my water temps are up, probably because I had to open the cowl bottom and that disturbed the air flow. I added a belly radiator to help.

Good luck with your experimental Phase I flying!

BTW, if your brakes suck with those fat brake cylinders, Joey and I found a great solution. 

1 person likes this

Posted

That is Awesome! Congratulations! Look forward to the huge smiles in the air which will pay off for all the hard work.  Plane looks Great too!  Definitely helps provide inspiration for the rest of us working towards that goal!  :BC: Randy 

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice looking plane. Congrats

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice job have fun in phase 1 flying. I smile every time my wheels leave the ground.

3 people like this