merlin

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I am looking at a merlin GT with a sube. anyone have any info? I am not familiar with it. Thanks 

Posted

The sube is very heavy.  The plane itself has more shoulder room than a kitfox or avid.   I had one in my garage for a while to finish building but never had the time so I sold it.  A company in Canada still provides parts.

Posted

Thanks i dont want to buy something that i cant fly. It looks heavy with the redrive. What do you think it would be worth? no paper no reg. I appreciate your input since you have sold one. I saw where EDMO and a couple of others talked about a merlin maybe they can help. Thanks john

Posted

.  A company in Canada still provides parts.

I do believe that they are now out of business. But not many parts would be that hard to fabricate on your own. I got an email from a guy who was planning to start selling kits again - but nothing since.

I have one - more room as Mr. Guitar said. With a Rotax 912, mine is supposed to weigh 710 empty (don't know what kind of scales the previous owner used). Gross is listed by the kit manuf. at 1300 land (1400 floats iirc).

Takeoff / landing is real short - but is sensitive to weight. I would argue that the speeds advertised came from the marketing department, not flight test. Has a metric buttload of adverse yaw - but just use your feet. Easy to fly, but it likes to bounce on landing - could be me.

Some videos of odds and ends: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3ea3YrO-K5hlHDwFTh4KCwlKzn8BrDQE

1 person likes this

Posted

I wish i could talk to you. If you have time could you give me a call?

Posted

nine 0 1 35nine  4873  thanks if you have time  john

Posted

Thanks i dont want to buy something that i cant fly. It looks heavy with the redrive. What do you think it would be worth? no paper no reg. I appreciate your input since you have sold one. I saw where EDMO and a couple of others talked about a merlin maybe they can help. Thanks john

If its flying and in good shape $8,500 seems like a good point to start.

Posted

I have some hours on the 912 version and I liked it a lot, it’s a very stable comfortable easy flying plane. I really don’t understand why there aren’t a lot more of them around.