Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Hangar Floor

4 posts in this topic

Posted

We needed a descent work surface at our bargain hangar as we begin our new project.  Got most of it done today.  The floor was old busted up asphalt, uneven and layers of dust and dirt.  We have a green house so I decided to do what we do for green house floors.  I added about 3 inches of limestone screenings, leveled, watered down and then covered with heavy duty landscape fabric.   The screenings firm up nice with moisture and gets almost hard as concrete.  It should provide a good firm, clean and level surface.   Have about $450 invested and the airport board covered $275 of that. 

C671254D-2CA6-4573-9E15-3B59DA8A5EC2.jpeg

146280D9-FBDE-43FA-ADC4-C7D4CE682705.jpeg

75122BCC-4A34-411F-97EF-38AF167D207D.jpeg

AE1A2FB7-302B-40CC-935C-496770B83CDF.jpeg

1 person likes this

Posted

Now that's a serious radiator !

Posted

Now that's a serious radiator !

Yes, a big part of this project is documenting all the “parts” that are currently hanging off this airframe.    I’m a newb with the Avid  so once we a get a base for what has been installed we will have to answer the questions, What is it, why is it installed and is it appropriate.   

I can start with the radiator.  Does it look unusually big/heavy/overkill?  

Posted

The standard kitfox type radiator seems to provid more than enough cooling for a 582.They are still a little draggy but simple and not subjected to the vibrations on a motor mount setup.

1 person likes this