Advice with Rotax 2 Stroke training

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I am considering taking the 2 day Rotax 2stroke maintenance class.

I saw they are 3 centers that offer it, one in California (CPS-Parts), a second in Florida (Lockwood Aero), and a third in Wisconsin.

Anyone took this training? I would like to know which would be the best choice.

Thanks,

Posted

I've been dealing with Lockwood for so long I would go to them . Also depends on where you live too if that's a factor. 

Posted

I've been dealing with Lockwood for so long I would go to them . Also depends on where you live too if that's a factor. 

I was at the eaa this past week. I was impressed by Lockwood forum about rotax 2 stroke up-keep. I also sat at Leading Edge Foil out of Wisconsin.

I live in Iowa. According to Leading Edge's website you have to have some prior experience or "title" to attend the class. In the other hand Lockwood said no pre-requisite needed.

I guess it will have to be Florida. 

Thanks,

Said

Posted

Like I said I'm a Lockwood fan . They've helped me so many times through the years with parts and what not I usually deal with them only. 

Posted

Thanks.

Posted

Thanks.

Hey Said glad to see you around here. Do you have that model 2 tore apart yet?

Posted

I am considering taking the 2 day Rotax 2stroke maintenance class.

I saw they are 3 centers that offer it, one in California (CPS-Parts), a second in Florida (Lockwood Aero), and a third in Wisconsin.

Anyone took this training? I would like to know which would be the best choice.

Thanks,

Get the video "deep inside your rotax"  http://homebuilthelp.com/New_Rotaxengine.htm

I think you will get just as much or more out of this as you will out of the rotax class.  You wont get a certificate of completion but you will have something you can review over and over if you need it.  Or better get, get the video and watch it then attend the class and get your certificate.  The class will make much more sense once you have watched the video and you have a really good idea of what the hell your looking at and what they are talking about.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

You are right on it. I actually ordered that video, spc's, and another one hoping to do exactly what you suggested. Thanks for the advice. 

All i need is an affordable 503 we can thinker with.

Posted

I would highly recommended the rotax course. Take a laptop with you and some comfortable shoes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Read all of the Care and Feeding of Rotax articles by Rick Stratman. They are stickied in the files and forms section. Lots of good info buried in there.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks.

Posted

"I would highly recommended the rotax course. Take a laptop with you and some comfortable shoes."

thanks for the advice. Looking forward to it. Planning on Sp Spring session. That will give me time to go through the spc 2 stroke video and homebuilders deep inside rotax' videos. All i need in between is an affordable 503 to thinker with.