Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bush Trimming Alaska Style

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Me and Super Avid Randy had a great time flying the Skewtna River this weekend.  Did some challenging landings.  On one landing I shaved the bushes pretty good to make it easier for the next pilot LOL.

IMG_4531.JPG

5 people like this

Posted

That's just too cool! Thanks for letting us ride along.

Posted

Not much of a landing strip there but I would love to try that

Posted

That's great Jeff,  Glad you had the camera going!

Posted

NICE!!!

What 3 bladed prop are you using and how do you like it?

Also how big of tires are you guys running and how much speed did you loose compared to say a 600"s or 850"s.

THANKS

Great video.

Posted

Im running a 75" STOL whirlwind.  26" Alaska bush wheel.  Running a 912 ULS 100hp so I don't see a slow down because I am overpowered. 

Posted

Thanks for the Quick reply.

Keep these types of videos coming ,that is what these planes are meant to do!!!!

Posted

I'm running 30 X13 Airstreaks; they are about 5 mph slower than 26" Bushwheels and probably 10+ mph slower than 800's or 850's in cruise. But they roll over brush much better than Jeff's puny 26's. :lmao:

1 person likes this

Posted

How about the tailwheel ,are you guys using a larger tailwheel to go with the bigger mains for the rocky stuff ??

Posted

I'm running 30 X13 Airstreaks; they are about 5 mph slower than 26" Bushwheels and probably 10+ mph slower than 800's or 850's in cruise. But they roll over brush much better than Jeff's puny 26's. :lmao:

Yeah but it must take bigger balls and better piloting to plant his plane w/ puny 26's in the same place as yours with those phat tires and X/L wings, hehe!

:stirthepot:

1 person likes this

Posted

Looks to me like jeff does pretty well rolling over bushes with the 26".. with video proof to boot!  :lmao:

:BC: