Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid Flyer Mark 4 For Sale on CL

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Avid Flyer Mark 4. This really nice Avid Flyer is 99% complete and needs only a few little things done before final inspections and flight. Does not have air worthiness or registration. Plane has always been inside a heated shop/hanger since kit was purchased. Comes with all paper work and build manual needed to register. Hour meter reads 10 TTAF. Engine is a 100HP EA81 Stratus Subaru with stainless steel exhaust with 75HRS TTE. Other options include, Tapered tip Warp Drive prop with nickel leading edge, ELT, Electric trim, Icomm IC-A200, Whelen wing tip Nav lights with rear position tail light, Full lexan doors and smoke tinted turtledeck. This Avid is like a KitFox with folding wings. Please note the floats that are on Aircraft in some of the pictures are not included in the sale.
https://nwct.craigslist.org/avo/d/avid-flyer/6659498208.html

I am not connected to the sale of this airplane at all, but posting in case anyone is interested.

Posted

Thanks for the info....That's funny.... that one was for sale on trade a plane not long ago, probably half a year or so.  It was in the Illinois area and said it had 10hrs on it then. There were no floats shown though.  I was keeping an eye on it back then.

After looking at that nice looking Bird makes me want to go work on mine!  Haven't been able to work on it for 2 months.  Hopefully back on it again tomorrow.   Cheers Randy 

Posted

Thanks for the info....That's funny.... that one was for sale on trade a plane not long ago, probably half a year or so.  It was in the Illinois area and said it had 10hrs on it then. There were no floats shown though.  I was keeping an eye on it back then.

After looking at that nice looking Bird makes me want to go work on mine!  Haven't been able to work on it for 2 months.  Hopefully back on it again tomorrow.   Cheers Randy 

Glad to hear that Randy.  Good luck on yours.

Posted

Surprising how many times kit planes pass thru multiple hands before being finished or mercy killed. Wonder what the real story behind this one is?

Posted

Yeah it is a shame!  I never actually called about it back then but it was on for quite awhile.  A lot of them have never made it in the air and got lost forever!  

Hope that's not me!!! :huh:

Posted

The 10 hours with no airworthiness or registration is interesting.  Hope the FAA doesn't pay a visit based on the ad!

Mark

Posted (edited)

^lotsa engine tuning and taxi testing lol

Actually, I'm guessing the heavy Sube nose and floats were too much for those speed wings. I have a friend who had straight AquaFloats on a lite C model speedwing with 582 bluehead and couldn't get off the water. Very experienced pilot, 140lb soaking wet. He put it on gear and sold it.

Edited by dholly