Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Part number for Avid 6' wheel seal

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Trying to find the part # for an Avid wheel seal.  Anyone have it?  thanks,  JImChuk

Posted

On mine Jim the seal is part of the bearing.

Posted

On all the Avids I've had with the standard 6" wheel, the bearings looked like this. The seal was about 1/4" wide, and was a separate part.  JImChuk

Image result for lm 11910

Posted

Jim,

On the Matco catalog on-line, it appears that the seal is somehow attached to the bearing now. I wonder if a call to them might turn up some of the old style?

Jack

Posted

Jim, My Mark IV wheel bearings look like this as described above with the seal attached.  The part number on it (LM11900LA) is a Timken Bearing number but if you just search the number it will come up very easy.  Hope this helps.....Cheers Randy

20180814_145404_resized again (3).jpg

20180814_145521_resized again (3).jpg

Posted (edited)

Thanks Randy.  I'll try to just find the seals by themselves.  I ordered 4 bearings that are the right size, but they didn't come with the seals.   JImChuk

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted (edited)

Jim,

FWIW, in a pinch and needing a seal on one of mine: I cut a seal to fit out of 1/8" thick silicone baffel seal (see link) I had laying in the parts bin as a temporary fix.  Has worked so well I haven't bothered sourcing a proper replacement seal-:)   

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/siliconecowlseals.php?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjbmU_YTv3AIVjQOGCh0JkwAsEAYYAyABEgIHEfD_BwE

Edited by allonsye

Posted

Quick search showed Amazon with 1 as pictured for $19.97 or another spot at Amazon that had the kit which included two as pictured including two cups and spacers for $13.97.