Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Airventure!

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, who's coming?? I'm taking the camper over tomorrow and then flying the little yellow Kitfox over on Sunday. I'll be there for the week. :buttrock:

Doug? You catching a ride in the Wigeon?

Anyone else?? :beerchug:

:bday::flag::bday:

Posted

Okay, who's coming?? I'm taking the camper over tomorrow and then flying the little yellow Kitfox over on Sunday. I'll be there for the week. buttrock.gif

Doug? You catching a ride in the Wigeon?

Anyone else?? beerchug.gif

birthdayfriends.gifflag.gifbirthdayfriends.gif

I am leaving tonight from upstate NY. 14 hrs. by car. Will be there all week. Russ.

Posted

I will be stuck here at work while you guys are oggling and drooling over the cool shit... take lots of pics and post them up when you get back!

:BC:

Posted

We will be leaving early in the morning. We will be camping across from the red barn in the usual spot. Will be there all week.

Bandit

Posted

Took the camper over this afternoon. Boy am I glad I have new tires on my 4x4. Mud. Lots of mud. They have had record rainfall in OSH last seen in 1912.

Bandit-- Take care when pulling in. As you pull up the driveway of that campground, I am located at the first right turn, ~100 yards in on the left. I have my green Dodge and 29' toy hauler parked with the rest of my chapter (UL75). Stop in and see us.

Still planning on flying the Kitfox over on Sunday.

I will try to take lots of photos to post...

Posted

Looks like a mess this year! I can't think of anything worse for OSH than no aircraft parking/camping when you normally host thousands and thousands of planes. At the moment, looks like I'll just stick at home and get my TW entry in the Kitfox. I do have a bud flying out Fri., we'll see.

Posted

I do have a bud flying out Fri., we'll see.

If you get there,give me a call -- we'll hook up... I'll take you a ride in the Kitfox!

Posted

If you get there,give me a call -- we'll hook up... I'll take you a ride in the Kitfox!

Most definitely, I've always wanted to take off and land on the UL field. Love watching the bigger birds Avid, KF, Just etc. in a hard slip over the trees. Every now and again someone gets in a bit over their skill level which can get entertaining. Last year someone in a flying lawn chair almost took out my girlfriend in the gate booth.

Posted

Too bad you missed this time, Doug. We had a great week. Lots of flying in the UL field. A few lessons learned too. That field is a BITCH in a faster airplane... I may have a video of the ride along if it turns out.

I attended the "Avid Lunch" too. Met lots of new people and some old friends too. I have some pics of this coming...

Kitfox won the Lindy for their 7SS with the Rotec installation. Very pretty plane.

Posted

I have a question. When I used to race snowmachines for skidoo, we had our own team sponsered by skidoo.

All we supplied was the entry fee, they gave us machines, parts, etc.

Then they entered their own teams, still supporting us tho, and litterly putting us out of compitition.

In short, You can't compete with the factory.

At AirV, is their a separate class for "factory kit built" planes??????

Posted

No there isn't. I agree, though, it would be tough to compete with the factory facility in building a show-plane...

Posted

Hey Bob that's a pretty good idea, they got classes and categories for just about everything else. Would make for great advertising and bragging rights I would think.

C'mon Larry post your pics and videos! I saw the Seaplane Gold Lindy this year went to another Wigeon. Drop dead gorgeous inside and out, me love the Wigeons!

Posted

Pics will come as soon as I can get the time... Lots of work to catch up on after missing a week.

Posted

Pics will come as soon as I can get the time... Lots of work to catch up on after missing a week.

I am so pissed. Most of my pictures have been lost from my camera!! There are a few, but most of the airplane and airshow pictures are GONE!!!!!

Here are a couple that I have... (Warbird Memorial, parked at the UL barn, our campsite)

post-36-12809330117943_thumb.jpg

post-36-12809331791262_thumb.jpg

post-36-12809333484322_thumb.jpg

Posted

More details of the Warbird Monument...

post-36-12809335974865_thumb.jpg

post-36-1280933621537_thumb.jpg

post-36-12809336448965_thumb.jpg

post-36-12809337211536_thumb.jpg

post-36-12809337673406_thumb.jpg

post-36-12809338094333_thumb.jpg

Posted

Crap, that hurts! I lost every single pic from the 2nd year I ever went to OSH. Our group was renting the lower part of a house and I left 5 rolls of film (yes, no digital way back then) on my cot side table. I know right where I left them and can only surmise some jerk in the other group grabbed them. I was VERY pissed, I feel your pain.

p.s. - nice job, you local guys always get the good parking front and center, lol.

Posted (edited)

If the pics were on digital, they are probably still there. I thought I "accidentally" erased all the Christmas pics of grandson's 1st Christmas. Then I heard about a recovery program, can't remember the name right now, but WOW even all the pics that I had ever deleted were still there. Don't give up yet. I'll post the recovery program name later tonight.

www.cardrecovery.com

Edited by Avid67