Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid re-opening the doors?

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I heard that Avid might be re-opening....Has anyone heard anything about it? there is a new website https://avidkitplanes.com/

Posted

Yes, the new owner is a member and posts on progress periodically.

Mark

Posted

His name is Mark and he’s producing parts. Currently a one man show part time so please be patient on a response. 

Posted

As Joey "C5Engineer" mentioned he is working on producing parts.  I just ordered my Speedwing Extension with no problems so far.  Except parts were to be here yesterday but that is not his Fault!  The tracking number said yesterday but USPS is dragging their feet as usual!!  Cheers Randy

Posted

I want to extend the speed wings on my plane. How much were the extensions?

Posted (edited)

The cost for a speedwing extension kit is $2090. This includes all materials including speedwing ribs, 6061T6 spar extensions, 6061T6 circular I-beam spar splices, fiberglass wing tips, aluminum stringers, two part epoxy, rivets/hardware, and covering material - this is not a complete list of included items.  (Copied response from Mark at Avid)

Mine was $1950 less the wing tips since I already have them (unused).  Not sure what it cost previously.  Hope its worth it! :)  Cheers Randy

Edited by Avid Randy

Posted

Thanks Randy. All I would really need are the spars and spar splices. If you are able, I would appreciate if you could get a picture of the splices. I have been thinking about ways to splice the spars and didn't realize there were parts available to do it.

Posted

Just aircraft will sell you an aluminum  5' long spar stiffener.  I bet if that was cut in 4 pieces, it would make great spice material.  Should be able to get some 2 1/2" aluminum tube (.065" wall thickness) fairly easily on line.  Or maybe some one has a bent up spar they would cut up.  JImChuk