New lighting idea from Oshkosh

8 posts in this topic

Posted

How much were they?  JImChuk

Posted

They were just under $40 a piece. 

Posted

Just a reminder that the position and anti-collision lighting required for night flight, even in experimentals, must be FAA approved. That's why these are labeled "recognition" lights.

Posted

Here is the link to ACS catalog.  $49.85 each.  JImChuk  www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/navstrobeac-ws-45w-1350.php?clickkey=1222267

Posted

Just a reminder that the position and anti-collision lighting required for night flight, even in experimentals, must be FAA approved. That's why these are labeled "recognition" lights.

Nlappos, Yes, I understand that part.  We are still allowed to put these out in the same location as the anti collision and position lighting correct?  

1 person likes this

Posted

Nlappos, Yes, I understand that part.  We are still allowed to put these out in the same location as the anti collision and position lighting correct?  

As I read it, is a toss up. No night flight, period, unless you have approved nav lights.  But an anti-collision light is only required if it was originally on the aircraft when made airworthy, so if you don't have an anti-collision light, the non-approved lights are ok. If you have an approved anti-collision light, you can certainly install the recognition lights, just don't remove the real AC light.