Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

In search for rudder pedals

9 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm looking for a set of rudder pedals with brake resevoir attachments . I can use the drum style and fabricate them to use the resevoir but would rather not have to. I'm sure someone has to have a old set laying around on here . I plan on installing them in my quickie project. I'm also looking for a push pull throttle as I already have the avid 3 to one control arm . There's plenty of other parts I'm looking for like gauges and various other things. So basically if you have anything you're looking to sell let me know. 

Posted

I  have a set of pedals and control sticks out of a B model. They were set up for cable brakes though.

Incidentally the brake geometry on stock avids sucks anyhow.

Bob McCaa 

1 person likes this

Posted

Got any pictures of the stuff ? My stock pedals work great in my mk4

I  have a set of pedals and control sticks out of a B model. They were set up for cable brakes though.

Incidentally the brake geometry on stock avids sucks anyhow.

Bob McCaa 

Posted

I’m now in this same market looking for pedals, I’ve pinged some people about it, I may end up just making my own out of chromoly. If I decide to make a set I can likely put together two sets for whatever cost of material is.

Posted

I could too. I'm a tig welder by trade but I like how the avids are and I don't feel like taking mine out to get the measurements. That will lead to me powder coating them and I already have half a garage of 152 parts to powder coat for someone at the airport. 

Posted

Well it seems that two of you want/need rudder pedals, and two of us have them for sale.  I don't want to step in front of Bob, so contact him first,  but if the other guy PMs me about mine, I can get them headed your way.  Making them from scratch is possible, but will take quite a bit of work.  Different in the factory, where they have all the lengths and angles already figured, maybe precut even, and the welder guy just grabs stuff, throws it into a jig and starts welding.  You could very well spend the better part of a day, have $20 or $30 in materials when you could buy a set for maybe double that.   Looks like there is close to 6' of materials, and it's probably about $3.50 a foot at least.  And then add it 20 for shipping.....JImChuk 

Posted (edited)

Jim since we already have a relationship and we where both second do you wanna send me a pic of your pedal assembly? Assuming 1-4 avids run similar pedal setups

Edited by Matthewtanner

Posted

I'll take whatever from whoever it doesn't matter to me . I'll be doing some modifying anyway and then powder coating them with the grip powder I have for the brake parts and just black for everything else . 

Posted

This is the grip powder I'll be using on my brake pedals in my planes . My bike is suicide shift and my clutch and brake have it. Stuff works great no complaints at all. 

20180827_191204.jpg