Calling on the creative storage guys

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Instead of flyng today I completed the much overdue task of sorting through my parts and inventorying stuff is I can quit buying duplicate stuff. I found 6 fuel filters, 18 NGK plugs, 2 sets of JBM exhaust gaskets, tons of stuff I had forgot I even had.....the list goes on...anyways I have gobs of fuel line, primer line, pulse line, wiring, brake line, all wrapped up and stuffed in a box.

I am looking for a way to hang it or display it so I can actually see what I have and use it. Any ideas from the masses?? Here’s where I currently sit with the box and the other stuff I pulled out of 5 other boxes today and the new shelf with my airframe parts somewhat organized. Well at least it’s all in one spot.

B4D8F4EF-B497-45FB-AFEC-C250D8877783.jpeg

E48DEA00-D74C-4F36-8D30-C6D827E2104D.jpeg

Edited by C5Engineer

Posted

Peg board like stores have. 

2 people like this

Posted

Use heavy duty magnets on the Hangar walls to hold up the peg board

Posted

My Hangar. I have nice peg board. I will send you pictures of it whenever you want. 

:lmao:

Posted (edited)

I think the peg board is a great idea.  If you don't have wall space for it, you could attach two of them to the front of your shelf that open in opposite directions.  Or, you could divide the front of your shelves into  thirds, and put two sliding peg boards up that only cover two thirds of your shelf space at a time.  That way you don't need any extra wall space.

Edited by Bartman1959

Posted

At least you have shelves!

Posted

I have a wall of slot board.  For the small hoses etc gallon zip lock bags work great to coil them up in but you can still see whats inside.

:BC:

Posted (edited)

I'll take some of that stuff off your hands Joey haha . Anything universal that I can use in my quickie project will work . Hell I'll powder coat stuff for you if you want in trade too . I got a couple orders to do this week and I have to make a couple of the trim motor covers. Hopefully my side work stuff picks up to where I can do it for a living . I'm getting ready to make the first belt drive for the yamaha 130hp here shortly. We have the measurements and are now looking into cogs to get the right ratio. 

Edited by chopndrag
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I like the pegboard also and for those hoses and wire that r to short to hangup i have a milkcrate with the short pieces init.  Simple and Cheap

Edited by Buckchop
1 person likes this

Posted

I would turn that shelve into a work bench/pegboard. Take all the shelves off, cut the two front uprights down the 32' to 36" (whatever height you prefer a work bench),frame in a work bench with two of the shelves, use the two uprights you cut off ripped into 1 x 1's to frame in the peg board, and use the last shelf to put a shelf under the work bench. 

Attached in a picture of the one in my hangar that I made out of my old wing building table. I would have made the lower shelf full length and tied it into the main legs but my hangarmate wanted a place for the vacuum cleaner. I have a better example in my garage at home. 

hangar3.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

You're way to organized!

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah I'm kinda dumb that way. 

2 people like this

Posted

Come down and organize my mess . Building the quickie and working on my avid has my hanger a mess

Posted

I would turn that shelve into a work bench/pegboard. Take all the shelves off, cut the two front uprights down the 32' to 36" (whatever height you prefer a work bench),frame in a work bench with two of the shelves, use the two uprights you cut off ripped into 1 x 1's to frame in the peg board, and use the last shelf to put a shelf under the work bench. 

Attached in a picture of the one in my hangar that I made out of my old wing building table. I would have made the lower shelf full length and tied it into the main legs but my hangarmate wanted a place for the vacuum cleaner. I have a better example in my garage at home. 

hangar3.jpg

Looks great.  Mine is a bit more cramped, even more so now that everything is packed for the move.  Looks like we have the same noisy air compressor.

Heritage 2.jpg

Posted

....that's why I bought a motor from you... sight unseen!

1 person likes this

Posted

I guess it does have its pluses.  :lmao:

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd say it looks great, Joey!  But I admittedly have a high tolerance for chaos.

Posted

If you think you don't have hangar space... My plane is in a 9'x22' shed!