Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

brakes Nylon seal connection to master cylinder

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I eventually got the master cylinder reconditioning kit from Matco  and I have to say I have found Matco a very helpful company to deal with.

I think that I should re new the white seal that gets crushed in between the brass fittings to join the brake pipe to the master cylinder.

My question is where can I get these seals in the UK? getting deliveries from the USA have been difficult after they arrive in the UK mainly because of Border force and Parcel force taking and extra 10 days to process after paying their charges!

S1670001.JPG

Posted

I would check the brakes and brass fitting section in a auto parts store.  May have to replace both fittings, but  1/8" brass fittings should work.  JImChuk

Posted

Those little diamond cross section brass inserts are stocked in the compression fitting section of most US hardware stores. They can be sold individually and separate, but are also packaged with the entire fitting for each tubing inlet. The typical dimension is 1/4" OD for most Avids, although some use 1/8", I think.

If you can't find any, I can get you a handful at the local True Value hardware and pop them in the mail.

1 person likes this